1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wow, This Is Really Cool!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wmandra, 28 Oct 2004.

1. wmandra

wmandra What's a Dremel?

I was just surfing around the web and came accross this LCD monitor from Sharp http://store.sharpsystems.com/product.asp?sku=2555920

I know that $1500.00 for a 15" monitor is expensive, but not when it can do what this monitor does!!!!

This is really cool, I need to get me one of these..

Bill

2. thecrownles

thecrownles What's a Relix?

imagine how much you would own everyone at lan parties, theyd all want to sit at ur computer. :D :D :thumb:

3. DaHoboFest

DaHoboFest Banned

the 3d only works with 3d programs

4. xckid082488

xckid082488 Banned

i dont see how that works...

5. DanMcr

DanMcr What's a Dremel?

6. wmandra

wmandra What's a Dremel?

Well, I did some research on the technology used in this product and not surprisingly it's not all that new. The 3D image is achieved by interlacing the left and right eye images togeather and the filter/lens on the screen directs the correct image to each eye. It's called a lenticular image and was invented somewhere around 1908. It's been used in the past for all kinds of stuff, remember the animated plastic cards with lines running through them years ago. Recently, the technology has been used by the advertising community, and there are even companies that sell lenticular business cards. I think the biggest thing Sharp managed to do with this product is find a way to switch the lenticular lense on and off. As far as software, each program has to do the interlacing. There really is no good way for say a video driver to take a 2d desktop and create seperate left and right images from it for 3d. Although I bet that some major games will eventually have support if the price for the product ever comes down to a more affordable one.

Bill

7. Tolsk

Tolsk What's a Dremel?

25ms responce time. definatly not for a lan party (a.k.a gaming)

8. Ds3

Ds3 What's a Dremel?

What you on about? 25ms is fine for gaming unless its a rubbish monitor. Been playing FPS games for many many years and my 25ms Dell 19" TFT is as good as any monitor I've owned :)

9. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Dude 25ms is crap with gaming. I had a 19" HP 25ms monitor and it blew chunks. I'm glad i returned it ontime. 16ms at the most for a LCD.

10. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

Just as there are 12ms TFTs that are hideous to use, there are 25ms TFTs (e.g. most of Samsung's early range, some Iiyamas, etc.) that are near flawless. You can't judge a screen purely by response rate, at least until you've used it.

It looks to be a sweet screen, it all depends on how well the 3D technology is implemented I guess. A lot of money to pay to find out though ;)

11. scotty6435

scotty6435 What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I have a nice 19.1 inch iiyama LCD that I've had for about 2 years. 25ms response time but it owns. Perfect picture and crisp movement :D I really wouldn't spend that much cash on something that you don't really need though.