1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ProJeCT apHytHiaTe Update 10.29.2004 Red Mesh!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by apHytHiaTe, 11 Oct 2004.

1. apHytHiaTe

apHytHiaTe What's a Dremel?

thanks, i'll consider it, but im not to the painting stage yet ;)

2. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

mmmmmmmmmm looks very good but you may want to fix teh "bandwith exceeded" problem : p just a thought, though, the dremel work looks very nice, can't to see more

3. apHytHiaTe

i dunno what to do about that... my account got shut down :( and i dont wanna open a new account and kill it too.. so ill just delete the pics.

thanks for looking, prodigy... free taco 4u.

4. apHytHiaTe

the mesh will be metalcast red. case black. that is.. unless i change my mind.

PICS FIXED!!!! W()()()()()()()()()()()()T!!!!111!!!!!1!!!!!1eleveneleven!!!ione!1twon

5. apHytHiaTe

I cut another humongous winder on the side too! still needs some cleaning up, but i am really satisfied with how it turned out ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

that black beast in the background is my chieftec matrix (thanks brycejones) <3

i cut out some more of those ugly fan grilles, but this time with minimal cuttage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pencil marks are for where the mesh willl go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

purty blood red mesh

[​IMG]

thanks duplicolor metalcast!

right now i'm deciding what material to put in the windows. getting ready to start painting a little. the chassis will be metalcast red, along with the meshing. the bezel and the outside sheet metal will be glossy black.

now i will reveal the theme of my mod.... [H]ard|OCP.com!!! i hope this isnt copyright infringement, as it is more or less dedicated as a tribute to my favorite site. (bit-tech is my second ;))

6. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

i think the mesh should be a little bit more "tight" but other than that it looks great, and free stuff is always fun :p

7. apHytHiaTe

Well, the mesh was $4.20 for 5 feet of it. So, I can deal with it being a little big. Actually, it's not mesh, but chicken wire.

UPDATE:

I decided to pop out all the rivets so that i could paint the chassis.

[​IMG]

And i've sanded the top window part with 220 grit. Some 400 grit later.

[​IMG]

8. Bradish

Bradish What's a Dremel?

9. Slayer the Unholy

Slayer the Unholy What's a Dremel?

:eeek: you used 220 grit, I know there are many people in these forums that wouldn't dream of even touching thier cases with anything less than 800 grit. You may want to go that high before spray-painting, if not you may have a very rough feeling paint-job

10. deadly-app

deadly-app What's a Dremel?

slayer, its more of the sanding after the painting that needs to be really fine.

most people would sand 220/400 before painting, primer 800-1000, and color jobs 1500/2000.

and bradish, screw you :D you know just as well as i do that i only use hole saws for the holes :)

i cant get a bad cut with those :D

11. apHytHiaTe

Thanks for not flaming me this time, deadly. Actually your defence of my plan is quite admirable. :)

Slayer, don't freak out, i didnt say i was going to paint on top of 220 :eeek:

12. deadly-app

deadly-app What's a Dremel?

heh, i have mood swings :D