1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding First timer, need advice on case

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Aliensniper, 7 Nov 2004.

1. Aliensniper

Aliensniper What's a Dremel?

I want a large case (non Lian Li) that has a lot of modding potential.

I think either:

Chenming 901A Full Tower Case

901A

or

Chenming 901B Full Tower Case

901B

(I'm open to other suggestions, but I'm heavily leaning towards one of those two)
    Which do you think would be best?

I would like to do Side/Top window, blowhole, paint, lightning and maybe a few others ideas I haven't thought of yet. My dad has a lot of standard tools, so there are a lot of possiblities.

Thanks for any help

Last edited: 8 Nov 2004
  2. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

dude i was lookin at the same cases, id get the first one if it had a removable mobo tray (but other than that its frickin awsome, nice fan slots and stuff) the other one only has the 60 and that 120

this is what im getting (since it has a removable mobo tray and its cheap)

http://www.directron.com/880.html

it too only has a 60mm hole in the back, have to get some adapters for it and have alot of blow holes

i was gonna get a lian li but its not worth it since theres a chance i could mess up (dunno bout u) and there too expensive. I can only afford (barely) the pc 6077 but its still only mid tower and not too many mods, plus if i go w/c id need a nother case or have to cram all that crap in there

edit: woah thats wierd, the chenming full tower i was looking at at newegg is this

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-125-467&depa=1

its a buck cheaper and its all the same but look at that hard drive rack its awsome

3. Aliensniper

Aliensniper What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I thought about Lian Li, but I would kill myself if I screwed it up.

I like the one you linked to, only 1 dollar cheaper, I think I'm going to get that one.

This one

4. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

ya its alot nicer, id get it but i want a mobo tray and plus its too expensive, ill probly get the directron one, but i dunno the chieftec will have btter cooling