1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a computer website ....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Blood, 19 Nov 2004.

1. Blood

Blood What's a Dremel?

Okay im going to be very vague here now.
    A while ago i had a link to a computer website, like alienware and such , they build UBER systems.
    this one had solid state funny drives and 16 gigs of ram on funny boards and 4 gig cpu's and vapochill systems and allsorts...
    it was a sort of small word and letters i THINK , but i duno.
    Anyone ?

2. scotty6435

scotty6435 What's a Dremel?

In all likelyhood it's a scam site. Seen one myself that had AMAZING specs for relatively cheap prices and after like 10 secs research were found to scam. You won't get a system with those specs for less than like £10,000 and, to be frank, no-one really needs that outside high-end 3D CGI and google.com :D

Oh, and something like that would be a full server stack so pictures say a thousand words :)

3. Blood

Blood What's a Dremel?

Lol its most definately not a scam , these systems were costing 16000 and up !!
    mmm must find :(

4. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

It was probably Go-L, which has closed or something. There was a lot of doubt about them because of the systems they offered. A couple of major magazines had them on their front page (PC Magazine, IIRC) and they couldn't find a single person who had bought one and couldn't get one to review.

5. Blood

Blood What's a Dremel?

Thas the beast, thanks alot tek!!!
    Hmm looks like theyve went bust:(
    If anyone has ever seen the comps they built, u would jizz yourself !