A/V using a pc as an amp?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FILTHY1337, 6 Dec 2004.

1. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

i play bass and would like to use my pc as an amp to save money and space,
    any sugestions in the $100-$150 price range. I have seen things that do this but they retail for about $250

2. Poison The Well

Poison The Well What's a Dremel?

Do you mean to record, or to use the computer an an actual amp. to play loud signal through? I am aware that there are many options for "Break-out" box style products that allow you to record guitars and such directly, but have yet to see someone amp. their axe with a comp. Maybe I need some explination.

3. kergareth

kergareth What's a Dremel?

You'll need some 3rd-party software for this if you want a better expierience. I assume you're running windows. You should go to your local RS and pickup one of these ( http://www.radioshack.ca/estore/Pr...hack&category=Cable+Adapters&product=4202433 ) sry for the long link. Then plug one end into your guitar and the other into the line in/mic jack of your sound card. Then open the sound recorder in the programs>accesories>entertainment section of your start menu. Make sure your speakers are on. Play a note. It should come thru your speakers. If it does not, switch the cable from the line-in to the mic jack, or vice-versa. You should be able to record as well

Last edited: 7 Dec 2004