1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets see if you come up with what I got...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ElCid, 18 Dec 2004.

1. ElCid

ElCid What's a Dremel?

Well, I have devoted most of my meager post count to helping out others with their computer problems, and hopefully one of you can help me with mine. I brought it home from school yesterday and the thing wont "turn on". Here are some troubleshooting questions and answers.

Has power, fans run, disc drives open, and its been running fine for months.
    Graphics card is getting power because it establishes a connection with my monitor, however does not display anything.
    Motherboard is powered because LED is on, but there is no POST beep, but I cant remember if mine even has that. (stats in sig)

So I have concluded that with my card + arctic cooler that I have just worn down the AGP and it is stopping the flow of information. Any thoughts? All are welcome.

2. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Sounds like mobo or cpu to be honest.

3. ElCid

ElCid What's a Dremel?

Hmm...hopefully it is the mobo. Anyone have any idea if my Mobo does a POST *beep*? And how can I see if it is my mobo or my CPU?

4. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

:rolleyes: by trying a different cpu or mobo

5. ElCid

ElCid What's a Dremel?

Well...thats not really an option. Guess I am just going to have to have a guess at it.

Still looking for someone that owns my mobo. Does it have a POST *beep*?

6. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Start with the first thing to do in such a situation, clear the CMOS.

Try that first.

If that fails try removing components, and reseating them, the processor, heatsink, graphics card etc .

7. aaronrkelly

aaronrkelly What's a Dremel?

Do you have ANY functionality at all - can you get the caps lock or num lock lights to cycle on the keyboard???

8. ElCid

ElCid What's a Dremel?

And the answer is RAM. It jiggled loose on the way back. So after I got done reseating everything, I noticed. Thanks all! Add it to your trouble shooting guide.