1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding new project - new pics!!!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Koolvin, 3 May 2001.

1. slau

slau What's a Dremel?

I took the pictures, but might be a while before they get processed. Hmmm, I'd better get myself a digital camera.

But you canstill see what they look like here:
    http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Venue/1193/HowTo_ChangeToBlue.htm

After all, Technics 1200's look pretty much the same. nobody add's windows to them, or sticks a blowhole on the side...

2. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

Its best to get black drives when u buy the case or spray paint them :p

3. SuperScrubber

SuperScrubber Mad Chemist.....buwahahaa

Agreed m8, and would be what I would I do if I could afford that case :( but still I like really neat things.........
    If I do get a new puter with next years loan though it would have to be anodised......I'd probably also go along the stealth route.....by buying tray drives and attaching the face plates to them......have to find some way of making a subtle button to open it though for when I wasnt in windows to issue the eject........thinking of a very narrow hole leading directly to the button so youd have to use a paper clip or something...:)..also have to think about making a new front for the floppy...maybe some kind of flip down affair depending on how plates are attached. Oh yeah, and some nice h2o inside.....:D
    Still not sure though was thinking of buying a YY cube but TBH I've gone off that a bit plus koolvins already done just about all the good stuff to it :D:D
    .......Come on case ppl we need more new, original stuff !!!!!

4. WaRpEdMiNdS

WaRpEdMiNdS What's a Dremel?

DAMN! That looks sweet!

I'd didnt like the look of that case the first time I saw it but now I have changed my mind! Pity its so pricey otherwise I had would get one!

The CrystalFontz display looks good. It would look even better with a aluminium bay mount and blue backlight!

Are you putting one of those in the cube? I know Im putting one in mine as soon as I get some more cash together.

How much was shipping for one of the displays?

5. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

I think that cool cas mods are trying to get some in from memory :p They reckoned that they are going to be 90squid for the double bay :(

6. WaRpEdMiNdS

WaRpEdMiNdS What's a Dremel?

If you are talking about LCDs then thats not too bad. It cost about $117 inc. shipping for the kit (mount, cables and LCD) from crystalfonts, which is about £83. I think it will probably be about £85~90. Anymore and I am buying from the states.

7. Koolvin

Koolvin The Modfather

aye! i got a matey to get it 4 meeeeee

8. syphon123

syphon123 What's a Dremel?

how much did that lian Li case cost ya?

hi

howmuch did that case cost ya, and where did you get it from. if u don't mind me askin

tar

joe

9. Koolvin

Koolvin The Modfather

Re: how much did that lian Li case cost ya?

case was donated by OCS and sells for 200 pounds

10. Lewisham

Lewisham What's a Dremel?

I'm compltely the opposite mate :)

I used to think, damn, 150 quid for a little case? Why not just spend that little bit more and get the PC-70? And it's gorra ruddy door which will really annoy me (as it does on me Juno P3 now). But then I thought, I don't have the balls to get a halluminium case. It's like blasphemy :D And the YY is c00t. And black. And well designed. Now I can't get the damn thing out of my head :)

The only desicion left to me is wheather to have blue or green neon. Cos I mean, b0rg is nice, but Koolvins done b0rg, and Star Trek + Case mod = No more respect from my mates :D
    But then again, blue doesn't look too good with black...

Arghhhhh. Case mods in my head. And I have all of 3 quid in my bank account, and no job. NOOOOOOOOOO!

Cheers
    Chris

11. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

Heathen!! :)

I'm beginning to like red actually, or purple now. Blue and green are a bit blah..

12. Koolvin

Koolvin The Modfather

yeah red is c00l

no purple leds though! muahhaha