1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling water cooling kits

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dead_man, 13 Dec 2004.

1. dead_man

dead_man Confucious say: WTF???

im looking at getting a external WC kit from someone like thermaltake. im just needing to drop temps on my CPU as with a jet7 its hitting 50C on my 2800+ stock and OC to 2.3 its hitting 60C. im not looking for extreme OC but something to drop the temps and make my PC quiter

im looking at these here
    any recommendations?

thanks
    dead_man

Last edited: 13 Dec 2004
  2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Not a whole lot of choices really... three that I can think of are Tt Aquarius III, Koolance types and the Corsair Hydrocool. I'm sure there are others but those come to mind.

3. Fibbles

Fibbles What's a Dremel?

What's your price range? I'd go for an Asetek kit instead, they're a little more expensive, but they offer a whole lot more performance. You can also choose form single 120mm to triple 120mm rands and from 2 different block designs. Like the TT kit, they offer push fits for ease of use. If you really get into water cooling, with Asetek, you could add hard drive blocks, as well as a northbridge chipset and video card blocks that work well.

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

But externally?

I've heard good things about the Tt bigwater actually, and it should fit internally pretty easily, you may wanna look into it. It's probably one of the better valued kits.

5. Isuo

Isuo What's a Dremel?

I didn't want to start a whole new thread. So I'm planning to make my pc a watercooled system and I wouldn't want to pay much. And since I'm not really familiar with watercooling, I'd like to know your opinions for cheap, effective and quiet watercooling kits or parts.
    The shops should be mainly in central Europe, like from the UK to Germany.

6. Fibbles

Fibbles What's a Dremel?

Any kit can be made external, but if buying it already in an external setup, that's not gonna be cheap. I suppose the TT big water would work, since it does win out over others in the price range. I guess I'll look for reviews of it, to see how good it actually is.

7. Big_Den

Big_Den What's a Dremel?

I had the same problem as the thread starter on my AMD3200+ ... it was almost steaming :)

Moved to an External Koolance Exos... easy to fit, very quiet, guess what, problem solved.. nver gets higher than 39c under full load !!!

8. Fibbles

Fibbles What's a Dremel?

I've been thinking about getting a second hand Koolance for another computer, simply because it's external and I don't want to stuff everything, but the blocks, into a PC 65. One question though, do I have to use the Koolance blocks or can I use another 6/8mm or 8/10 block instead?

Tags: