1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Gmails Spam filter

Discussion in 'Software' started by Guest-16, 22 Dec 2004.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ive only had my account 2 days and already it has spam! :( I gotta say though Gmails inbuilt spam filter seems to be working well :):)
    2 days though!! i mean ffs.

Gotta love the firefox plugin too :)

2. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Yeah the FireFox plug-in is sooooo handy. However, I keep finding that every now & then it won't log me in to my Gmail page when it tries & loads. The log in section is just a dark grey box :(

I reckon a lot more people will use Gmail now that the POP feature's been added in. :)

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That's what i plan to use when i get back to using outlook again. Wonder if itll stay or be a pay feature when gmail goes public? Tbh, i hope it always stays beta.

4. dmcm01

dmcm01 Banned

i dont see why its not public allready, everyone who wants one, has one......and about 5 more than they need!

*5 invites left*

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That's what i mean, the invite system works great and is better at stopping spammers and trolls from using it as free email.

6. theflinger

theflinger What's a Dremel?

I think I have a guardian angel. After 4 years of signing up to hundreds of forums and other things with my ISP email, I just started getting a couple of spam messages in the last 3 months. They've stopped now too :p

My gmail has taken over as my forum signer upper and it hasn't gotten spam either.

weird.

7. RTT

RTT #parp

I've been using my gmail account since exactly June 14th and only in the last few weeks i've started to get spam.

8. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

/me has dual Gmail accounts.

1 gets no spam, and the other gets 129 spams per day average.
    120 of them are from some stupid site called bittech or somthing. :D

9. rowan57

rowan57 What's a Dremel?

I get about 10 spam a day but dont have to look at any of them, many of them i can report to gmail for illegal requests for bank details etc. f***in b***ards!! also,
    [Hijack Thread] Is anyone having the problem that their invite links dont work? mine dont and i followed the gmail help instructions but that didnt help, any ideas? pm me, dont post them to this thread, [DeHijack Thread]

Thanks
    Rowan

10. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

No spam here

11. scoob8000

scoob8000 Wheres my plasma cutter?

I've been getting a lot too lately...

They also have some variant of my email address in the subject.. WTF

12. Bruno_me

Bruno_me Fake-ad‎min

none have gotten through since my email was posted on slashdot :D

/me huggles pop.gmail.com

13. ConKbot of Doom

ConKbot of Doom Minimodder

I never got any spam till I changed my xanga account email over to my gmail account. (/me eyes xanga) But I never used it for anything than emailing people, never to sign up for anything. But it is only like 2 every day, and they are always in the spam bin, not the inbox. So kudos for good filtering...

Tags: