1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors LPG converstions...

Discussion in 'General' started by mr_roll, 1 Jan 2005.

1. mr_roll

mr_roll What's a Dremel?

...I will get my future car converted to LPG, maybe dual fuel, found a few sites but I need to do more research.

But how big do you think LPG conversions will be in the future? as in, will many people want them?

Will they want them if there are more stations doing LPG?

oh and does anyone know if LPG gives off any bad funes like petrol and disel ?

2. TimXP

TimXP What's a Dremel?

Personally i doubt they will ever take off big style. I wouldn't want one, you can't go through the tunnel if you've got an LPG conversion.

3. craigey1

craigey1 Minimodder

That's the perfect reason to get one! :D

I like LPG, but the larger car manufacturers haven't really pushed it enough to make it worthwhile, as a result less then half of the petrol stations supply it, which could make filling up a bit of a pain. AFAIK LPG gives off a lot less chemicals / fumes, although I don't think it'd be a good idea to breathe it all day! :D

4. TimXP

TimXP What's a Dremel?

LOL. I do prefer the ferry for the nice relaxing journey, fry up breakfast and because its a boat :D. But you can't beat the tunnel for speed. It means you can easily cruise down to Belgium, stock up on the essentials, have lunch and then get home in time for dinner. Plus Tesco keep giving us free trips.

5. mr_roll

mr_roll What's a Dremel?

How could the consumer try and get more things happeneing about getting LPG stations? and LPG cars from the manufacturers ?

6. mr_roll

mr_roll What's a Dremel?

Just found this: http://www.lpg-vehicles.co.uk/lpg_faq.htm

I think they will take off, electric cars will only take off once its on par with performance range, refuling that of a petrol / diesel car.

LPG is a good stop gap alternative till the car companies get that other advanced technology working fully into a production car, like that merc A class, that uses hydrogen to charge up a battery, whats that called? I've forgotton.

7. craigey1

craigey1 Minimodder

8. penski

penski BodMod

I think Morrisons Petrol Station in Byker does LPG, mr_roll...

Drop a V8 in the Volvo, run it on LPG. Go ooonnnnn.

*n

9. mr_roll

mr_roll What's a Dremel?

ahh yes, the Fuel Cell, so whats the word on this, there was a lot of excitment about this, but it sort of died off a little.

Anyone know of any programs to get this tech in our production cars?

Tags: