1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Lian-Li PC-V2000B Tower of Power

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by bighammer, 30 Dec 2004.

1. bighammer

bighammer What's a Dremel?

Hmm seems like some of you don't believe that the temps are real inside my case or that they are cold boot temps. Well the temps are correct and this is the temp in my city

[​IMG]

As you can see the temp is frigging low. 50 degrees farenheit!!! That's around 10 celsius.

Inside the house it's around 25 i would think. Oh and I get 21 celsius during the day, during the night the cpu temp drops to 16 celsius obviously with window open. The computer isnt next to the window though. Also, since the case is all aluminum, it helps maintain the whole case cool and cold to the touch.

Oh and about the "alleged" scratches, shplade, can u tell me where u see them. If it's something small then i could easily touch it up with some flat paint. if you are referring to the picture where I just cut the holes on the side panel and without the windows on then yes there are scratches there BUT.... on the last pic on the post dated 30-12-2004, there are no visible scratches :)

Last edited: 3 Jan 2005
  2. bighammer

oh yes, i also updated the pics posted on 30-12-2004, I made them smaller for easier viewing and took new clearer ones for the cage.

3. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

[​IMG]
    :duh:
    I would square off the area, tape-up the panel, and cut one big window to save this side panel..Does LL sell replacement v2000b side panels? Honestly, you did a much better job on the top window, this looks bad..Sorry, you have a great case..but it needs work!!

Last edited: 2 Jan 2005
  4. modsquad

frozenCPU has one..
    http://www.frozencpu.com/cpa-89.html
    Spend the 70Clams and just cut your fan hole...Tape the acrylic window before you cut..Please don't get me wrong I am not trying to be a ***_****, I am only trying to help. I understand this is your virgin mod. The LL Vseries cases are the best $ can buy. Let's make it look GOOOOOD. :thumb:

5. bighammer

modsquad, you must have missed one of my earlier comments, maybe the one right before u posted, that on that picture i was not finished. As you can see on this pic, there are no scratches as far as I know. I painted this sidepanel.

[​IMG]

6. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Unless you're planning to paint the entire thing mate, that looks pretty crap imo.

Now I'm not going to be one of the many people who will flame you for painting a lian-li, but if you're going to paint it paint it proper for pete's sake!

I do realize this is a first mod, but even considering that I think you can do better.

Masking tape is your friend :D

If I were you I'd get a new side panel and have at it again, but with a little more care (after all, you've already spent a small fortinue on the case...) :thumb:

7. modsquad

Sorry BIG, but I agree. Your cuts are not straight and you don't want to paint a LL case, get a new side panel. Just take your time. I have been working on my V1000B for 6 months and am not yet finished!! This stuff takes time.. measure twice______cut once...
    BUT the most important thing is are you are happy with your V2000?.. If the answer is YES. Then don't change a thing...and just ROCK ON...........

8. bighammer

here is a sketch of the design for a new hard drive cage. I want to still use the rails that are in the current cage but i want to flip the cage over on its side and turn it so that the sata and power cables go in on the right side of the drive. The circle on the left side of the picture is where the front intake fan is. This way, there are no holes for the air to go through but instead go directly to the drives.

[​IMG]

As the case is at the moment, there is some air coming from under the case. There are similar holes as are on the front and back of the case as are on the bottom of the case. This is part of that 3 separate cooling compartments that LL talks about. With the new cage i would also want to cut a hole on the divider between the hdd's and the power supply and put a 120mm fan blowing towards the 2 rear exhaust 80mm fans. This would create a nice stream of air going through the bottom of the case.

On the cage design, there would only be room for 10 hard drives as opposed to the current 12 slots for hdd's. I only have four at the moment so there is no problem there. If I want to add more there would be no problem. I would just make sure I add large capacity drives like the new 400 gig drives or some fast small drives to raid like the raptors I have now. The cage is about 23 cm high, 20 cm wide and 15 cm long. This would give me about 10 cm of space to the right of the hdd's. Space I could later use for a reservoir for some water cooling or some other things.

I have thought about moving the Audigy sound bay to the top slot in the front but I have noticed that on the drive i have at the top right now, dust has started to settle there. The Audigy bay isn't covered on the top so putting it there might cause it to collect dust.