1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Help me

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ric449, 9 Jan 2005.

1. ric449

ric449 What's a Dremel?

I started a project log, and started asking questions. But, I think this is the best place to ask my modding questions so I'll just use here to ask the questions and just post progress in the log. The log and what I have so far is here:

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=79683

So, into the questions:

As you can see from the window design, I'm going to have to find some way to mask off the parts I don't want frosting. What can I use? Do they sell rolls of the stuff acryllic is usually protected by, the plastic that peels off? That would work great.

Thats the main question, expect more later on :).

2. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper Shh...

Lots of masking tape, perhaps? You can use a sharp knife and cut it to fit more intricate designs.

3. ric449

ric449 What's a Dremel?

But if I do that, wouldn't I cut all the way through and scratch my window?

4. TJK

TJK What's a Dremel?

hmm, maybe you could cut the tape on some wood to the design you want and ubercarefully put it on the window...

5. Redd_Herring_1974

Redd_Herring_1974 What's a Dremel?

how exactly do you intend to frost the plexi??? with a spray can??? or some other method like sand blasting/etching if you intend to use one of the latter then it wouldent matter to much if you scratched it lightly cuting you designe out of masking tape cause the frosting process would cover it up anyways as long as you dont slip and scratch were you dont want it etched :thumb:

6. Yelrad

Yelrad What's a Dremel?

i think pin stripping would work real good go but some pin striping from your local hobby shop and lay form it make the design you want and then what you dont want frosted cover the rest with regular taper problem solved i think :D

7. K.I.T.T.

K.I.T.T. Hasselhoff™ Inside

Redd_Herring_1974 is right as long as you don't scratch where you don't want it scratched then the frosting effect will cover it up

8. ric449

ric449 What's a Dremel?

Ok, another question, is there any such thing as blue UV reactive water? Its just instead of cutting a fan into the side window, I might just go for watercooling instead and fit a UV light in there.

9. Redd_Herring_1974

Redd_Herring_1974 What's a Dremel?

yes there is uv reactive dyes to add to your water cooling rig :thumb:

10. ric449

ric449 What's a Dremel?

What do you guys think of this design for the window:

[​IMG]

The white is where the window is frosted, the blue is where it isn't frosted.