1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I was hit by a car

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-16, 20 Jan 2005.

1. cheazypeaz

cheazypeaz What's a Dremel?

Sorry for my lack of sympathy, but as posted in the other thread kids were all taught to stop look and listen, just lacking common sense ... :idea:

2. clientcenters

clientcenters What's a Dremel?

You're lucky having ripped jeans and a few bruises is all you walked away with! I'm really sorry to hear about that, thankfully you're okay. I have a brother who was ran over about ten years ago. He wasn't as lucky as you, he's alive but substained many injuries.

Car Injuries are no joke and you're pretty lucky!

3. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Minimodder

ow

get well soon

4. Ben

Ben What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop: never been hit by a car, pretty close though.

what do you get for you exam grades is it like school/collage, where get your predicted ones.

5. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

That has got to hurt.

Still you've done something most of us haven't ;) Silver lining.

Get better soon!

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I know! :) Hope your bro is alright though.

7. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

wow. sorry to hear that bindi. get better soon :)

I hope I never get hit by a car. although, I wouldn't mind the four fit nurses tending to me. :naughty:

8. craigey1

craigey1 Minimodder

Perhaps it's just me being a sicko or something, but have can you post pics of your injuries? :worried:

9. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

Oh im sure if you can type on a keyboard that your fit to go to class :thumb:

Might have to go back to get a check up by the nurses no?

"Now turn you head and cough"

10. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

Nice to see your still alive and well. Was the other driver a university student?

I hate the cross-walks at my school, I have to cross two streets everytime I want to go class. At both streets, 90% of the cars (driven by students) won't slow down one bit. So, I check that no cars are comeing, but there are other streets so people turning onto the street I'm crossing usually end up flying past about two away from me... One day I was in the campus parking lot, I had just stepped out into the empty crosswalk when some guy in a pick-up saw some he apparenlty wanted to talk. He made two turns, then crossed directly in front of me at a distance I could have reached out and touched his pick-up.

The crosswalks at my school are the worst ones I have seen, every car that has come close to hitting me has had a student sticker on their back window... Don't know if you know or not, I'm in the U.S., here pedestrians have the right of way (I doubt thats spelt right) in crosswalks.

L J

11. TheGreenOne3589

TheGreenOne3589 What's a Dremel?

i feel your pain man, i got in a motorcycle accident awhile ago and my torso arms and knees were all skinned, thankfully i was wearing a helmet

.::Wear you helmets kids::.

12. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

In Oregon as soon as a pedestrian steps out into the street they have right away, but if they are not in the street the driver is not required to pay them any heed.

13. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

I thought that was everywhere!

14. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

I have no idea about how the law works outside of Oregon, but that law was just passed not too long ago.

I'm pretty sure it's just an extention to the "if you hit a pedestrian you're in deep crap" law, but meh. The legal system over here is screwed over pretty nicely (make sure that if you are visiting you remove your rollerskates before entering a public restroom, otherwise you could get arrested :p).

15. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

It's one of the problems with the US being so big, the laws get so fragmented. There are towns in western Mass that have laws on the books from before the revolution. In the 90's Northampton finaly took a law off the books that said you couldn't herd sheep down main street on tuesdays.

16. thecrownles

thecrownles What's a Relix?

Or a piece of those fit nurses? :baby:

17. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

lol I remember back in 1997 when I got hit, the car was only doing about 15-20 and I clipped the wing mirror with my stomach and that did A LOT OF DAMAGE bruised stomach, liver, kidney, ruptured my spleen and messed up my spine only in the last year or so I can fully walk straight and I got the whole wing-mirror which I erm... removed as a souviener :D but on a serious note, I hope your not hurtin too much bindi i know what its like and it sucks!! Get well soon :thumb:

18. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

Was it that road on the corner near Wilmslow park leading down to the MRI?

I got hit by a car once. I was about 8 and I ran out into the road without looking :duh: Some nasty guy was chasing me with seaweed... But I kinda ran into the side of the car, and it just spun me around a bit and I grazed my knee. I think if I had been a bit earlier, the car might have hit me full-on and done a bit more damage.

Anyway, get well soon :)