1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will this improve my graphics?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kobaj, 28 Jan 2005.

1. kobaj

kobaj Banned

Hello good ol' trustfull bit-tech, it is time that I ask for your help again.

When I was...you don't want to here my big long story do you.

Ok so will adding a fan on my agp heat sink cool it down better, and improve my graphics. Its onboard graphics so...Also my heatsink on my grapics feels hotter to the tuch then my cpu,if that helps.

2. Network Admin

Network Admin What's a Dremel?

The short answer is "no," IMHO.

3. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

Unless your GPU is getting in the 80C range, then no.

May improve OCing though, if you plan to...

4. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

:hehe: unless in the unlikely even that its underclocking its self because its too hot but thats usually past 75*c +

it wont do anything unless...

maybe if you overclock it a little then yep :p

5. kobaj

kobaj Banned

Its an emachine, so I cant overclock. But then I have another question when I play Halo it will flash, like if I choose red as my color it will show grey then it will flash my acual color(red) for a few moments then flash back grey, but I turned my graphics all the way up yet it still does this. Is there a way to fix this I thought it was my gpu heating up to much, but apperently not. Or is it because well my graphics just plain old suck.

6. TMM

TMM Modder

update your drivers

7. kobaj

kobaj Banned

Would I go to emachine.com for that, or microsoft or what.

8. TMM

TMM Modder

whoever the manufacturer of the graphics chip is.

9. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

LMFAO....the card model would be a nice thing to know....

And, most eMachines have integ. graphics, and no AGP slot. Is this an AGP or a PCI card?

10. kobaj

kobaj Banned

Didnt I say I had onboard, well enywho I dont know what mobo so I dont know what chipset so I dont know which company so I dont know what update. But all I know is it is a T2824 emachine, I so far havnt been able to find enything on there site or google.

11. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

Erm...30 seconds on the eMachines website gives all the information about the system. Plus, there are around 10 programs out there that will give you all of this info. I never said, or even implied that you have integrated graphics, I asked...to better help you. TBH, I'm getting quite tired of you giving shite responses, and flaming people all over this forum for no reason. You never have anything to add, and I've yet to see a helpful, or even remotely kind post come out of you...

[/rant]

And, who the hell told you to update the chipset drivers? All of us have said graphics drivers, specifically, and haven't ever mentioned your chipset. Yet, you have STILL not given us the make and model of your graphics card. How do you expect us to be helpful when you have no freaking clue what you're talking about, and can't give us the information we ask for?

Can anyone tell I'm a bit tired of this guy?

BTW, proofread, and fix the millions of spelling and grammar mistakes you have. It's nearly impossible to make sense of your posts...

EDIT ~ /EDIT

Last edited: 29 Jan 2005
  12. TMM

TMM Modder

13. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

Bah, TMM beat me to actually adding the info.

Who votes that Kobaj has no clue what he's talking about?

Yes=1
    No=0

Oh, yeah..the actual info.

here is some basic info.

And, you may be interested to know that this motherboard doesn't have an AGP slot, something key to mention, as AGP/PCI-E is the assumed form of graphics card interface right now.

Plus, your graphics card being PCI greatly limits it's performance...maybe next time you won't be such a smart-ass when people are trying to help you?

Yes, yes I'm still bitchy.

14. kobaj

kobaj Banned

...Were on the site, what programs, Well Im tired of people giving me shite responsences(no affence, you all have helped alot), dont you nead the chipset to get the right company, I cant give you the freaking make/model of my graphics card because I dont have one and I have been looking about the mobo to find some info one the make and model of my graphics chip,what information are you asking for I have givin you all I know, because of bit I have been typing up to 85% better,ok so ya pci. Now look you have made me sad :waah: .

Who votes that Kobaj has no clue what he's talking about
    yes=2
    no=0

See maybey if you would help I could have put no :) .

15. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

OK...are you saying your graphics card is PCI or Integrated? Becuase, when I mentioned integ. graphics you flamed me, and now you say you dont have a graphics card...

You don't need the motherboard chipset updated if you want to update graphics drivers, and you don't need the motherboard information to find out your graphics card info.

Right Click on your Desktop >> Properties >> Settings, and tell us what the pull-down menu about half-way down the screen says.

Last edited: 29 Jan 2005
  16. TMM

TMM Modder

17. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

Wait...you have me running in circles.

First you have a heatsink on your graphics chip, which an integrated Intel graphics chip wouldn't have.

Then you have a graphics card, no integrated graphics.

Then you specifically "didn't mention integrated graphics"

Then, you don't have an AGP slot.

Then, you don't have a graphics card.

Then, you have a PCI graphics card.

Oh, and there is no such thing as an "AGP heatsink"...AGP stands for Accelerated Graphics Port, it's an interface for a graphics card..

18. kobaj

kobaj Banned

oh...k... WOW didnt realize there was that much confusion, I kobaj (you thought I was going to say my real name) Have integerated graphics, with a heat sink.

You know what I think is happeneing is modds are abusing there power, on me and changing things like my sig and now my posts. :worried:

Now my question(to start things off new) How do I update my drivers for my graphics, on my emachine t2824.

19. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

Your integ. graphics shouldn't have a heatsink..I believe you're talking about the Northbridge...

But, that's besides the point. Grab, install, and reboot.

Should work then :).

20. biff

biff What's a Dremel?

Cant we all just get along? :confused: