1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Recommendations on T&L Video Card?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mutiny92, 30 Jan 2005.

1. Mutiny92

Mutiny92 What's a Dremel?

I have an intel extreme onboard graphics chip on my motherboard...but I need to get a T&L compatible video card (to play games of course). I am not looking for the VERY high powered cards as I don't play a lot of high end games, but...

What is a decent card that will not break the bank? More importantly, how do I tell if a card is T&L compatible? They really don't advertise that per se...is it the cards that support DirectX 9.0?

Thanks for your help.

2. gu4rdian

gu4rdian What's a Dremel?

What mobo and cpu do you have? PCI-e or AGP? Also, what price range? If sub $200 I would suggest a radeo 9800 unlocked and clocked to 9800xt specs(as you can pick one up cheaply on ebay). Please explain what the system is.

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

Accelerated Transform & Lighting is a DirectX 7.0 feature, all updates to the DirectX API are backward compatible, so any DirectX 9.0 compatible video card will also support Transform & Lighting/DirectX 7.0.

4. Mutiny92

Mutiny92 What's a Dremel?

ty

I have an Asus P4P800-VM with intel extreme onboard video...unfortunately, it is not T&L compatible...Thanks for the info~

and yes, sub $200 (preferably even cheaper)...a buddy recommended the Radeon 9600XT...

5. gu4rdian

gu4rdian What's a Dremel?

If you plan on playing anything new-ish you should just try to pick up a 9800 standard for around $100 and unlock it to 9800xt and overclock it... If you have the cooling but at that price you should be able to spend the extra $15-$20 for some good gpu cooling and vga ramsinks. I was almost tempted to do this but seeing as how I am willing to spend the extra money I am getting a 6600gt(~$200). I wish you the best of luck m8.

Tags: