1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Best Positioning for Dual UV Cathodes?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by kyle_tdr, 31 Jan 2005.

1. kyle_tdr

kyle_tdr What's a Dremel?

Hello, I will be building my new pc this week and I made sure I got some lighting in there right away. I have ordered:

Dual UV Cathodes
    UV Orange Floppy Cable
    UV Orange SATA Cable
    UV Orange IDE Cable

All this will be going in to a Coolermaster Cavalier 3 w/window. What do you guys think would be the best position for mounting the UV Cathodes, I want to get as much Orange glow from my UV gear as possible. Bear in mind I will be painting all my fan blades with UV Orange paint at a later date.

Oh and of course I will make sure to post you guys some pictures of my new toy when its built :)

Thank you,
    Kyle

2. FanatiK

FanatiK What's a Dremel?

I`ve found out that inside tha case works the best. :hehe:

But seriously it is kinda hard to tell you without pics. I would try to hide them so that you cant see them but you can still see the light it emits. Maybe one on top of the window and one below.

3. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

Is it better to mount the ccfls on the side panel itself or on the case?

4. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

i like to put the lights on the front/back in the corner of the side panel and the uvs on the top / bottom in the corner.

5. fleet

fleet What's a Dremel?

We recomend spreading the UV light equal over the case ie one at top one at bottom. the more UV the better really.

6. setishock

setishock What's a Dremel?

Just a thought...

My current build had a rather mid sized window in it. When I added some CCFL to it I didn't want to see the tubes just the effect of the lighting. What I did was to gut a window screen frame. I cut it to about an 1/8 of an inch longer than the case. Now on my case there is small guide tubes to align the front panel to the frame. Right above that is a little bump in the case. I pressed the frame piece over the bump and level the piece up. I then dropped the front cover off and ran a short fat screw through the front in to the frame piece. Did the same in the back. Object of this excerzice was to have a place to hang the CCFL tube where I couldn't see it but see the effects. Takes about 30 mins to do but well worth the trouble. I would post a pic of the finished product but it's a pain in the wazoo to post a picture here.

7. pat1

pat1 What's a Dremel?

Yep, that's where mine are :D

8. uwannabigmak

uwannabigmak What's a Dremel?

imho, the best for two ccs is on either side of the top panel, just in the corner. higher than the window, but low enough so it can illuminate the top if needed.