1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V ER•6 -vs- E2c Any recomendations?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by myth, 29 Jan 2005.

1. myth

myth What's a Dremel?

Ok, so I have had a cheap pair of sony earbuds die on me agin (second pair) and I have decided to shell out the big bucks! I am gona be using these with a iRiver iHP-120 mp3 player... So I have narowed it down to two brands! I wanted the E2c at first but then I found the slightly more expensive ER6... I listen to techno and rock with alitle rap... So bass is a must! Can any of yous recomend one? :idea:

ER•6 Isolator earphones say for $100 off ebay

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er6.asp

-or-

E2c Sound Isolating Earphones say $70 - $80 off ebay

http://www.shure.com/earphones/eseries_e2c.asp

2. K

K 528491

To be honest if you're after bass the best you'll get with an in-ear headphone is the Sony earbuds as they're pretty incredible with their bass. After using them for about 5 years (and going through about 6 pairs) I have recently picked up a pair of ER6i's instead. The difference in response is incredible. The range is incredible. The only thing is the bass isn't as good as the Sony ones... But it's worth it.

I considered the Shures but the method of insertion looked extremely annoying on the move and such.

3. Rich_13

Rich_13 What's a Dremel?

and the sony's are so much cheaper, £30-35. if ur going from cheap ones these will seem great n e way.

4. myth

myth What's a Dremel?

If there worth it then I shal get them, caus the E2c do look a bit hard to fit. Now I just need to find them cheap... :naughty:

5. K

K 528491

Bear in mind though that the ER6i's are better suited to personal stereos than the regular ones :)

6. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Wheres a good site for buying headphones/earbuds and such?

7. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Remember you get what you pay for...

Any Shure headphones (I’ve got some Shure E5c myself) will provide a far better sound quality than the over bass Sony rubbish ;)

8. TTi_

TTi_ What's a Dremel?

Defiantly (E3c's here) if you look about you can find the E3c''s for about $120 brand new from a reputable dealer, and they don't look like your wearing a hearing aid (/me points at Kevo :p)

9. ciaran.mooney

ciaran.mooney Minimodder

I can reccomend my pair of Sennheiser PX100's - There not in-ear jobbies, as I find them uncomfortable. But the clarity is great for portable headphones, bass response is a bit lacking. Plus they fold up in a cool way.

10. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Hay your supposed to put the E3c's in your ear the same way as the others. ;)

11. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

www.audiocubes.com

12. K

K 528491

13. TTi_

TTi_ What's a Dremel?

Yep, but the E2c's and E5c's have the whole hearing aid vibe going for em.

(E2c)
    [​IMG]

Hearing Aid (E5c)
    [​IMG]

teh sex (E3c)
    [​IMG]

The E5c's are the best I agree on that but I never liked how they looked in my ears :waah: :waah:

14. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

15. myth

myth What's a Dremel?

ec2's sound mofuled...<not spelled right... They lack treble and base... :sigh: This sucks....

They also sound sooo diferent from what I'm used too. They definitely have a wide range but they realy hurt my ears feels like a burning sensation... :eyebrow: Kinda like Ky warming lube...

16. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Follow....

A. Be positive that you have them inserted properly. Its not as simple as jamming them in your ears.

B. Play with your eq settings, don't have it set to flat or something stupid like that.

C. If you have 'Mega Bass' or the like don’t switch it off as it can help with your headphones as they do lack a certain amount of bass but its all down to personal preference and what type of music you listen to.

I own a iAudio M3 which allows me to change lots of the settings and it took me a full solid day of playing to get my E5c sounding "correct".

As for the burning try using the small foam ends. Also you’re not supposed to put things in your ears for a reason let alone for prolonged periods of time. ;)

17. myth

myth What's a Dremel?

I was using them with my audigy 2 ZS... But they sound soo much better with my iHp-120! Like 2wice as good! :eeek: But the bass distorts at times... I'm noticing new sounds that I never herd before from my old ear buds so I guess there ok...

18. The Savior

The Savior What's a Dremel?

I've got a set of ER4s and the response, not to mention isolation is incredible. If the ER6s are half as good they'd be well worth your money.