1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows EU WOW - Pick a server!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Slink, 8 Feb 2005.

1. Slink

Slink B7

Right chaps, with the Euro release of wow up for 11th of this month,
    I think its stime to decide on a server so at one point in the future we 'could' help each other out

I know its going to be hard, But the general idea could be, upon launch of the first set of servers,

The majority of people whom have bought the game, and start on friday will be picking the first server they come across,
    So my sugestion, if you all want to try and get on the same server, pick the first server that begins with the letter G or something, Its just a sugestion which probably wont be picked up, but would be great for future grouping and raiding,

Hope to see you all in game!

2. TwiZtiDk1D

TwiZtiDk1D What's a Dremel?

I just got a email from Play.com saying my copy has been shipped!! I can't wait to play this game. I played UO for nearly 3years, but quit over a year ago as it had gone down hill. I have been looking for a replacement game ever since then, WOW looks like it could be the game to do that.

3. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

Mine has been shipped too! A friend of mine should be signing up to a Europe server today so I'll be joining whichever that is.

4. Dayains

Dayains Notamodder

I'm getting the game today so which server did you guys pick? :D

5. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Imported a US copy last week, simply cos I wanted to play with a friend of mine in the USA. I promise you fellow UK gamers, you will have the online time of your life.

6. TwiZtiDk1D

I got my copy today.... It's all good! Or so i thought!

It only had THREE out of the FOUR disks in the box!!! :wallbash:

7. ouija

I've just signed up and joined the Arathor realm

8. Dayains

Dayains Notamodder

Im also on Arathor, I go by the name of "Lumo"

9. TwiZtiDk1D

I need to wait on play.com getting back to me. I hope i get a new copy of the game. What are the odd's of anyone getting 3 out of the four disks? The copy was fully shrink wrapped etc...

:waah:

10. Hepath

Hepath Minimodder

...bounced

Any feedback on the game on the Euroservers?

Stu

11. Slink

Slink B7

Bladefist / bloodfist

Cant remember which, PVP!

Geostigma, give me a shout :)

12. Paolo

Paolo What's a Dremel?

Any way of buying this game without becoming totally addicted to it?!

Wish I had the time, really do!

Paolo

13. TwiZtiDk1D

I sent my copy back to play.com on Monday...I hope i get a new copy before the weekend.

14. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I'm on bladefist as Jamie.

I have managed to limit my gaming to a couple of hours once every couple of days since I have a huge final year project to do for Uni. If you have the will power then you can overcome the addiction.

15. FaIIen

FaIIen origami killer

i'm wondering if all those people who say that WoW is a good MMORPG, if they ever played other games of the same genre ? Because if it's their first MMORPG it's a reaction to expect if they go... "Woah, what a game !!!"

I'm afraid to try WoW because i'll be disapointed, having spend loads of hours with games like UO, Final FantasyXI and Eve Online that is. Anyone got enough experience and played enough mmorpgs to say that this is trully a good game in comparison to previous titles ?

16. ouija

I've played several. At the moment my favourite is Star Wars Galaxies, but I've only played WoW for a few days. So far, it's very good and easy to get into. A cool feature is the rested state: if you are offline for a long period of time, when you log back in you will get double XP until a certain point. This lets people who can't spend much time playing catch up quicker.

Although I was disappointed by the lack of character creation options (SWG allows you to manipulate almost every facial feature), there are still tonnes of combinations, enough to have plenty unique looking players. The graphics are nice and the interface is easy to use. I would compare the movement style to Knights of the Old Republic, which I've always liked.

Combat and XP is fairly simplistic and your character has a classic RPG levelling system where you gain non-specific XP to level up. At each level you will be able to train in new skills, the skills you pick are up to you and also depend on your race and class. There are plenty of classes to choose from to keep anyone occupied and you can have multiple characters on each realm/server, which is nice. ;)

Tags: