1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDD Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by atanum141, 13 Feb 2005.

1. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Hey guys

my 80gig maxtor drive is acting up,iv had it for nearly two years and its served me well,i use it as a "my documents" drive so all my personal stuff is on it.......recently while scanning thru some pictures the half of the folder i look thru does not show up,i knew nothing had been deleted and also checked the folder size an it did not change.

so i first tryed a chkdsk treatment thru the my computer and tools menu to give the drive a good clean,then i tryed to defrag the drive but both failed after 30mins???

either i need to make more space on the hdd coz ive got bout 12gigs left or that the drive is suffering from heat problems as my 120gig drive is ontop of it.

is there any software avail to health check my drive????

thanks guys

2. clocker

clocker Shovel Ready

PowerMax v4.09.
    Diagnostic tool from Maxtor.

3. ocuk mofo's

ocuk mofo's Minimodder

Yeh used PowerMax v4.09, Diagnostic tool from Maxtor myself and showed up problems with my maxtor.

4. atanum141

AHHH bugger!!!!! it failed the advanced test and it said that my drive is nearly dead but even worse is that my drive is out of warrenty so it looks like i gotta fork out more money on a new drive and thats befor i can back-up my stuff.

FOOK!!! :waah:

5. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

Try to RMA it. Sometimes they'll do it....

6. aaronrkelly

aaronrkelly What's a Dremel?

More importantly GET THAT MOFO BACKED UP ASAP..........

7. atanum141

i got the serial no. from the drive but as its a OEM drive the warrenty ran out last nov an so im borked.....so lucklly i got a spare 80gig maxtor from my dads rig an so im backing that up but ill wait until i get paid at the end og the month then ill get a nice new 120gig hdd and so i shall have 240gig total in my machine!!! WOOT!!!