1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows has anyone used XP64 beta

Discussion in 'Software' started by dead_man, 21 Feb 2005.

1. dead_man

dead_man Confucious say: WTF???

as the title says has anyone used it? did u notice a difference with it etc? im thinking of running it with my system (mayb dual boot)
    can other software still be used with it
    sorry so many Q's

2. dead_man

dead_man Confucious say: WTF???

ok iv just heard off a mate that if i install this as a dual boot on the same HDD (it will be partitioned) that it will still run in 32bit mode because of the normal XP on the other partition. though i dont beleive it has anyone seen anywhere stating this?

oh yea bump :thumb:

thanks for any help you guys can give me

3. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

My firend is using it and he noticed a pretty hefty speed difference. From what I 've heard form him, he hasn't had any problems aside from Alcohol 120% no longer recognizing his DVD burner, but that's more program oriented. Drivers should no longer be a problem to find either, most manufacturers have something out there. Still runs 32-bit apps fiine. 365-day beta though.

4. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

I don't have a 64-bit system yet...so naturally I'm not running this. But On the 365 day expiration deal...I was thinking...unless Microsoft has made tremendous advances in their operating systems after about a year you would need a fresh install anyway. :D So this whole beta idea is actually pretty cool for trying it out to see if it makes enough of a difference to be willing to buy it when it does hit shelves.

5. arrowswake

arrowswake What's a Dremel?

So what happens when the beta expires? Will your computer just not start up, so you have "no way" (assuming you're an average user without the ability to move your hard drive to another computer, etc.) to get your data off of it? Will the full version be out at that point, so you can just buy it there?

And I'm looking into this too... How well do games like Half-Life 2 work? What about Premiere, Photoshop, etc?

Tags: