1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The NoName project (Just a simple window mod; lots of pics, sorry 56k :( )

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Byron C, 22 Jul 2003.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Note: Sorry if they're slightly too big, but they're only a few pixels over 800x600

Seeing as the only mod I've ever done to this current case is install a naff baybus (and expensive) from PCmods.com:

[​IMG]

I got an idea one night, and began planning a new mod during a drinking sesh:

[​IMG]
    (I'm on the right, doing what I do best :D)

So, here's the subject:

[​IMG]

Look, she's all naked!:

[​IMG]

I haven't done a mod in a while, so I decided just to start with cutting a design out of the sidepanel. Here's a shot, sorta showing one of the side panels, although I won't be working on the right-hand one ;):

[​IMG]

You will notice that this particular case has semi-translucent plastic panels on top of the aluminium; so what I plan to do is just use the plastic as a protective window and hopefully, it'll create a nice effect when I illuminate the design with a CCFL neon :).

So, off with the plastic panels, and on with the design I want! I wanted to go with something simple to start with, but I elaborated and "borrowed" the Starcraft font :D :

[​IMG]

And here it is, a little closer, but dipstick here forgot to turn on the camera's macro mode! :duh: :

[​IMG]

I couldn't *quite* get the curve right on the "C", and the bottom of the "B", but I'll probably re-do both of those before I actually cut it.

That's it for now, I'm going to attempt to start cutting it out tonight, so expect more pics in the next few days!

And on a totally random note, here's a photo of my mate, pretending to be big and hard infront of a rather feroucious barbeque ;) (Remember kids! Don't try this at home, we're trained idiots! :D):

[​IMG]

EDIT: fixed pics...again...and removed clickabubble links

Last edited: 22 Jul 2003
  2. PirateTheMeep

PirateTheMeep What's a Dremel?

3. Mosha

Mosha What's a Dremel?

Affirmative!

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Whoa! Holy Undead thread Batman!!

Sorry, I've not been around in a looooong time (as you may probably guess); if I ever get chance I'll update all the photos, 'cos I actually finished this ages ago... besides, it was only the initials "BLC" cut into the side of my case in a starcraft-style typeface, nothing special....

I think I was pretty drunk when I posted the idea, because it doesn't seem all that worthy of the server space in hind sight.....

5. kobaj

kobaj Banned

no pics weeeeeee

6. KidModder

KidModder What's a Dremel?

also your upload has expired. :hehe:

7. adamjones01101

adamjones01101 Minimodder

Why would you dig this one out of the basement? The last post was in August of last year...please look before you type.

8. XTS Gun

XTS Gun What's a Dremel?

9. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

/me silently wonders why we don't enable thread pruning... or at least the "don't show threads older than..." option...
    /me thinks it wasn't so silent :rock:

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Why does this thread keep popping up as replied to in my inbox?

First post = July 2003.
    Last post before today = August 2004.

It's fairly safe to assume that this is a dead thread, despite the fact that I sold that box over 3 months ago!

Edit: Can a kindly mod please close this thread? :)