1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which case? Stacker or Akasa Eclipse?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by stu_69, 24 Feb 2005.

?

Which Case should I get?

1. Cooler Master Stacker STC-T01

76.1%
  2. Akasa Eclipse 62

23.9%
  1. stu_69

stu_69 What's a Dremel?

So I am looking to build a new machine and I am not too sure to which to get.

The Machine will have 4x HD's and 2xOptical media drives.

The two Case's I am torn between a CM Stacker or an Akasa Eclipse 62, so which would you go for?

I want to make it as quiet as possible but I can't afford watercooling at the moment so which case is easiest to make quiet?

Stu

Akasa Eclipse 62

Stacker

2. stu_69

stu_69 What's a Dremel?

:duh:

How do I edit the poll? I entered the stacker twice!!! :duh: :duh: :duh:

3. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

you dont, but i do
    sorted :thumb:

moving this to modding as well, as i think its a bit more suited there and you may get better or more replies (its a close call though)

4. f U z ! o N

f U z ! o N What's a Dremel?

i think your gonna have to get a mod to do it LOL

5. hmekk

hmekk What's a Dremel?

cm is cooler than akasa :thumb:

6. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Akasa! Have one sitting under my desk is a great case. Shame I'm having to sell it (can't afford to put a system inside it). Very very well made (it's rebadged Globalwin) and extremely well designed.

7. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

Gonna vote for the Stacker. I love that thing. So. Much. Space.

8. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

stacker. the other thing has this fugly strip down the front, as in on the side. plus you can't go wrong with coolermaster. and that ventalation and expansion room.

9. kye

kye What's a Dremel?

I had this choise, but ended up with the Eclipse. The stacker cost slightly more, and i didnt need all the room anyway ^_^

Main features i was after was the two 120mm fans and the removable mobo tray, and also the room with the Eclipse, which is very roomy.

10. dastt

dastt What's a Dremel?

i bought a stacker and i have never been more impressed with a case, there are so many options to mod on this case :dremel: and plenty of room for everything, looks cool unmodded also

11. uvlaptop

uvlaptop What's a Dremel?

I voted stacker just because i think it looks so much better and i've seen many great mods using it :jawdrop:

12. stu_69

stu_69 What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the replies guys. I am leaning towards the stacker myself and it looks like you guys have swung it in that direction :thumb:

13. stu_69

stu_69 What's a Dremel?

Thanks for sorting that out for me :hip:

14. jetsetjimbo

jetsetjimbo Up-up and away

I've been looking at the Eclipse. The stacker is just a little to big for me and I'm a big fan of anyhting based on globalwin stuff.

I think of the two that'd be the easiest to make quiet as the entire frontage of the stacker is mesh which isn't exactly going to insulate noise...

15. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

I'm keeping my Eclipse now, it's a great case. With a little modding it can be awesome. Just need to save up for a system to put inside now. :wallbash:

16. -x-hellfire

-x-hellfire What's a Dremel?

pros+++
    stacker has many options open for a creative solution of whatever stuff you put in it.

nice looking

easy to work with

light weight

cons---
    expensive

aluminium which scratches easily read a review somewere that it had a very hard to take of front panel, anybody got any experience with that as well?

then there is the noise factor with all those front bays if you put some hardisks in that 4:3 rack as is optional

next computer
    would like my next computer to be as silent as possible with alot of processing power for games and rendering as in 3D studio MAX 7 etc, have tried a demo and it took 10 hours to render a 6 second animation at 15 fps with my friends AXP 2000+ with 512 RAM, but then i might need a rendering farm of computers in a network to get some sort of useful 3D power when raytracing photo realistic environment with realworld physics.

so it seams i will be going into watercooling wheater a like it or not...

and then stacker seems like a great alternative, then again there are some nice looking Lian Li:s... PCV1000 which maybe is an even better solution...

my computer
    a P3 1Ghz 512 RAM, noisy gforce 4600 ultra 128MB in an Aopen HX-08 case with 4 hardisks in a metal harddiskrack which makes really alot of noise, all 3 ibm 60GXP and 1 ibm 120GXP which are cooled with 2 silent 80mm panoflo fans, above the powersupply ISO 500W with 120mm fan. got a zalman heatpipe gpu cooler waiting to be installed but all my flatcables... 2 raid 0 and 2 scsi and 1 SB Live Drive cable

in a stacker it would be so much better cablemanagement but it seams as a waste of money for an obsolete computer

anyway i would vote for the stacker

17. Storm Music

Storm Music What's a Dremel?

eclipse.. simply cos i have one and its cool as feck :D :hip:

18. rool

rool What's a Dremel?

I have to vote for the stacker. It's a wonderful case and I'm still impressed by it's size. Just so much space.

19. B£AST

B£AST What's a Dremel?

The satcker gives you so much space and freedom, you can put the power supply in the top or the bottom adn install a whopping great cpu cooler like a Zalman. Get the stacker it is a beautiful object.

20. T-MINUS 10

T-MINUS 10 Banned

stacker gets my vote :thumb: