1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dual keyboards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rick, 4 Mar 2005.

1. rick

rick What's a Dremel?

i've already found out that you can use 2 keyboards at once but what i'm wondering is can you use 2 keyboards in 2 languages eg elglish keyboard typing in english and a foreign keyboard in a foreign language at the same time

sorry if this is in the wrong place but i'm new here

2. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

I doubt it -- the language settings are all one settings, I don't think you could split them off.

Welcome to Bit, btw :)

3. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

Trying to word process twice as fast ? :D

You can use two different keyboards but I dont think you can set them up with different languages.

4. rick

rick What's a Dremel?

thort that might be the case.
    can you swap between languages when the pcs running? i've just tryed down in the sys tray but it wont let me change from english even tho i've got a few more languages installed
    also does anyone know how to make your own language so to speak eg set up the keyboard up so that when you press a key it shows the letter/number i want it to rather than whats printed on the keyboard

5. Diablo668

Diablo668 What's a Dremel?

I believe there is shortcut you can setup for this; some kind of keycombination to switch between keyboard languages/layouts

you can set up by going to your countrysettings in the config screen (don't know if it's called that in english windows; since i'm using a dutch windows); then languages; details; now you'll see your kayboard layout settings; on the bottom you'll see 2 buttons tastbar and keysettings, hit keysettings; and you can select what key combination to use to switch between keyboardlayouts

6. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

i tried to do what youre wanting to do a bit ago with a qwerty keyboard and a dvorak keyboard, unfortunatlely it cant be done (not that i found anyway)

the easiest way of doing it is to set up 2 different input languages and a hot-key to swap between them

7. LoneArchon

LoneArchon What's a Dremel?

I know you can switch between diffrent languaes i just sret up a pc with eng and Japanese settings but i think it may be possible to setup 1 for each but i never tried.

8. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

Here they have a way of switching between Arabic and English on the fly. I often see people typing in Arabic in one IM window, then hit a hot key, and then type in English in another IM window. But I don't know it they have installed XP with Arabic settings, or with the default English settings. This might also be the case only if the language uses a different character set, like Japanese or Arabic.