1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Recording Audio

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Explicit, 8 Mar 2005.

1. Explicit

Explicit What's a Dremel?

Hey dudes:

I'd like to buy a device that I can plug a microphone into, press record, and it will store a digital reocrding of what goes into the mic onto a CF card or something else. Then be able to use a CF reader to read what was recorded.

Anyone know what I'm looking for?

It's probably possible to build one too, but I'm not that skilled, you'd probably need:

Analog to Digital Converter
    Microprocessor (+software)
    Card Slot
    2 Buttons
    An LED

2. zz300

zz300 What's a Dremel?

I put "digital audio recorder" into a Yahoo search, this was the first of 5.8 million webpages.

3. Explicit

Explicit What's a Dremel?

One of my most favorite things is when people think they're going to be really smart ass, and post following this forumla:

I entered _what you asked about_ into _google/other_ and got _x number of results_

The problem with this formula is one, usually I have already used _good/other_ and second _x number of results_ does not measure the number of results that will actually be useful.

Oh, by the way:

I put smart ass in google and got 3,000,000 results this was the first result so it must be the exact match

4. zz300

zz300 What's a Dremel?

"Anyone know what Im looking for?"
    I don't. The linked item matches your criteria. Perhaps if the question was more concise, the response would be less vague.

5. LukR

LukR What's a Dremel?

i dont think its something u want to do. Either it will be huge, or u must make pcb and solder soic or smaller IC packages. Also programing an uC or DSP and funny things like that.
    dont say its impossible, but probably wont be ready by next xmas:)