1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows strange issue with NTLDR

Discussion in 'Software' started by pr0xZen, 21 Mar 2005.

1. pr0xZen

pr0xZen What's a Dremel?

I keep having a major issue with this.

All of a sudden this occured: When I boot, I get a message stating NTLDR is missing. So, I booted the XP cd, went to revocery console, and copied off the ntldr and ntdetect.com files to system partition root. Rebooted, no change. Back to recovery console, i run fixboot and copy the files again.

now - i keep getting the ntldr missing error. but - sometimes, he'll boot "normally" after anywhere from 3-10 resets. That is, I usually get ntldr missing error - but if I keep reset'ing several times, the comp suddenly boots "normally". Later when I reboot, the same ntldr missing sh*t.

Any ideas?

2. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

ur not the only person with this problem......try google an u shall see thousands who have this problem....i did have it but i reformatted an installed windows again...but microsoft does have a patch avail but they only give it out to customers who have valid retail copy of windows!

3. pr0xZen

pr0xZen What's a Dremel?

Thousands? then there obviously should be some sort of fix or fixing procedure available. They only give it out to people "with a reciept" ? The someone have gotten it, wich probably would mean it is being distributed, if it is delivered from MS in a redistributable form. I don't know if such a patch/fix would be considered "warez" if redustributed... ?

BTW, i couldn't find a single hit about this issue... maybe my search criterias are wrong? any suggestions?

4. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

Yeah, there's a few people out there wi this particular problem. If you put it in the root folder (c:\), then you've done something wrong. It should be in the sytem32 folder I think, but don't take my word for it. I can't remeber wher it is.

5. Manitowic999

Manitowic999 What's a Dremel?

use the fixboot command in the console. you may need to use the /mbr switch with it.

6. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

Or you could use...
    fixmbr
    chkdsk /r
    or maybe you could use Bart's PE using Bart's PE Builder.

7. kickarse

kickarse What's a Dremel?

Those should work. You could have a corrupted hd too.

Tags: