1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hot or not?

Discussion in 'General' started by rick, 24 Mar 2005.

?

hot or not?

1. hot

20 vote(s)
    19.4%
  2. not

31 vote(s)
    30.1%
  3. get a proper car

52 vote(s)
    50.5%
  1. rick

rick What's a Dremel?

i've just got a new job earning over double what my current job pays :rock: so i can afford to start saving money and seeing as my current car inst the best in the world ('93 vauxhall corsa) i've decided to start saving for a new one for when i've payed loan off and can go out and buy a new car out right and i'm thinking of getting one of these
    [​IMG]
    what does everyone think of them? i'm mainly drawn to the engine in it (160bhp monster :jawdrop::rock::hehe:) and the electric hardtop sounds pretty cool too
    if anyone can think of aother car around the £3500-£4500 mark feel free post them and who knows i might end up getting one

Last edited: 26 Mar 2005
  2. tipsterb

tipsterb What's a Dremel?

i think the del sols are very very fit indeedy, get one and ill be very jealous :)

3. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

i prefer the other shape CRX's but in the end its all down to personal choice, your not gonna boy racer it are you?

4. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

I don't like those at all, like ChristopherGreen I prefer the previous models.

I can't think of any nice cars that are in your price range atm, I am suffering from 'brain block' :eyebrow: or something :worried:

5. rick

rick What's a Dremel?

been looking for body kits and the like but the only thing i could find was a wings west spoiler, the rest of the kit looked too "jap" for my liking so it looks like i'll be pouring the money into spoon and mugen parts for the engine instead of putting a kit on it
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/evansy/cars/delsolwing.jpg
    thats the spoiler btw

Last edited: 26 Mar 2005
  6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Try and find an old-shape Toyota MR2 (before they pussywhipped it) with a similar roof etc, much more fun. :)

Or of course you could get a subaru impreza to stick a bodykit on, or a Mitsubishi Lancer, or even something like a Masda MX5, which although they aren't massively powered, they are fantastic fun. :)

Last edited: 25 Mar 2005
  7. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

MKII MR2 mate, you will love it.
    I'm wishing I had went for the turbo now, but the N/A is still loads of fun.

8. rick

rick What's a Dremel?

i was thinking of an mx5 but there well and truly hair dressers cars and i'm not overly sure about a cloth top
    dont think i'd get insured on a turbo'd mr2 they wouldnt even quote me for a nissan 200sx 1.8 turbo altho an evo would be nice :D its just a shame evo 7's are a touch out of my price range

9. penski

penski BodMod

10. K

K 528491

The 1.6 VTi is a cracking engine, I'm just not sure on the Del Sol itself.

11. rick

rick What's a Dremel?

the only other honda i like the look of (and can afford to insure) is the 2 door civic coupe but they dont have the 1.6 dohc like the vti's have and i dont wanna be messing about with engine swaps

12. Rich_13

Rich_13 What's a Dremel?

if it was wider i'd like it, plus thats not the best camera shot, n e side views?

13. penski

penski BodMod

How old are you?

You got quotes on a CRX yet?

*n

14. rick

rick What's a Dremel?

i'll be 22/23 with 2 years no claims when i've saved up the money for the crx the quote i've got from norwich union is £1400 fc i'm paying £1200 fc for the corsa altho that'll be going down to almost half in a month or so

heres another pic from a slightly lower angle
    [​IMG]

15. Neo2Neo

Neo2Neo What's a Dremel?

there a nice car, a bit too girly for me, would need an aggressive kit first.

I f i were you mate id get an EG civis vtec or mabey a 1300cc and source out a prelude lump for it with 220bhp,now that would be quick

Othewr suggestions would be a Mk2 golf with a 1.8 turbo 20 v lump in it

16. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

17. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

On a cautious note, that motorized roof looks expensive to repair, should anything go wrong with it.

18. Tolsk

Tolsk What's a Dremel?

get a prelude vtec :p nice car inside and halls ballz. but there nor made anymore so might be kinda hard to find.

19. rick

rick What's a Dremel?

i'd like one but i couldnt afford to insure it. i've found out i could get a skyline on my budget but i dont think anyone would insure me with one of those :hehe:

i'm not a big fan of the civic hatch backs so that kinda rules out most of the civics i do like the coupes tho but the 2 doors only go upto a 1.5 ohc vtec and i dont really want a 4 door as i'd only be asked to taxi people about even more than i do now
    as for the crx being a big girly i drive a corsa flair* atm you dont get much girlyer without geting a tigra or ka
    *if your not sure what makes a corsa flair girly i'll post pics later

20. mUrml

mUrml What's a Dremel?

Damn that car is downright ugly, sorry to say. I would personally go for a MRII (pronouced "merde" in french :D:D), the older models, like some of the guys said, they are much cooler :hip:.
    And don't be ruining them by all sorts of ugliness (bodykits) :clap:

But otherwise, good for you with that new job and stuff :thumb: