Modding First true case mod

Discussion in 'Modding' started by myname2, 25 Mar 2005.

1. myname2

myname2 What's a Dremel?

Hey guys, I am about to embark on my first real case mod, Im taking a stock beige case and turning it into something cool.... It is a gateway pc that I got from my grandpa, I already have lined out where my windows will be cut out, and I plan to paint it black, and I already have a cold cathode to put in it.. I will start a project log soon. Im considering many other things to do to it... I cant afford water cooling though :wallbash: Any ideas are welcome in this. thanx!

2. Visionism

Visionism What's a Dremel?

Black...windows...CCFL (I bet it's blue isn't it?) No offense but I always thought the point of modding a case was to make it stand out, not to make it look like all the other cases out there.

See, this is what I think is so nice about having windows and such as standard features on a case these days. To make your case stand out from the rest you have to think outside the box a little. Think of stuff nobody has ever done before. Think up something crazy, something weird, something nobody in his right mind would even consider doing to a computer and is possibly illegal in most southern states.

Once you catch yourself thinking "Hell no, thats a stupid idea" then you'll be on the right track. Good luck! :thumb:

3. myname2

myname2 What's a Dremel?

Lol, very true, thanx. the windows are going to be different from anything Ive seen before though, Ill have 2 going horizontally on the case. kindof like this = .

4. Critter

Critter What's a Dremel?

is that illegal in southern states?

5. myname2

myname2 What's a Dremel?

6. CREDO

CREDO What's a Dremel?

I think that was an attempt at humour..

I am about to go nuts on a gateway pc myself. good luck with yours.

7. myname2

myname2 What's a Dremel?

thanx, same to you! :D

8. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

sounds like your off to a roaring start! just renember to take plenty of pics.

9. pr0xZen

pr0xZen What's a Dremel?

I always thought a mod was about modifying an object to make it in some sort of way appear or function better in the modders eyes. :worried: Not in the eyes of everyone else. Heck, even If you had a neon green case with a window - and filled up the window and painted the case beige - If that was what you wanted - it would very god damn well be a mod.

My advice: If you want to do it because you want to - then go ahead and do it. Take on inspiration and ideas from others, but remember that at the end of the day - you are the one that's meant tp be satisfied with your mod.

Last edited: 26 Mar 2005
  10. meiv_4

meiv_4 What's a Dremel?

my first mod was to an emachines, painted it black.... put a red ccfl (only one ive ever bought that was acually red).... then i cut a window that was fireballshaped, with a fan with a dragon grill and hotrod style flames on the back. only did it because i needed cooling on my comp. this was before i had ever seen any comp modding. so if your doing it because you like it thats good. good luck, power tools are fun!

11. myname2

myname2 What's a Dremel?

I understand what you guys are saying, and I have thought of some things I would like to do to the case already. It will loook pretty sweet when its done!

12. CraZy

CraZy Cöstom úser tætel

do something like the moose mod :D

13. Visionism

Visionism What's a Dremel?

Well of course he should do whatever he likes with it. I was just trying to encourage him to be original.

Heres an idea. Viking mod. Paint a viking longship on the side and stick huge freakin' horns on it :hehe: