1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Clear plastic sheet.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by pears0, 25 Mar 2005.

1. pears0

pears0 What's a Dremel?

OK, where can I get com clear plastic sheet on the cheep. I live in the UK. I want some for my project that I should b starting soon. Help please.

2. rob_65

rob_65 What's a Dremel?

Don't know if this is quite what you're after, and I don't know how expensive it is, but Homebase sells clear flexible plastic. :thumb:

3. Mattt

Mattt Minimodder

as in very thin plastic sheet that comes on a roll?

or do you mean sheet plastic that you would use for something such as a window or clear case?

4. rob_65

rob_65 What's a Dremel?

Neither, it's not totally solid but it's not film-like, it's about 2mm and you can flex it

5. pears0

pears0 What's a Dremel?

I'm after stuff for windows, modding etc! dunno if 2mm would b enough. What do most other people use?

6. rob_65

rob_65 What's a Dremel?

Okay, fair enough but you didn't say what you intended to do with it in the first post :D

7. Mattt

Mattt Minimodder

i was asking him not you :D :D :D

ok i suggest 3mm or a bit more

and heres where i suggest you get it http://www.technologysupplies.co.uk/

8. Tricky

Tricky What's a Dremel?

Right, where in Birmingham do you live, anywhere near Shirley?

If so then on the Stratford Rd around Hall Green (on the right hand side of the road as you travel into Birmingham city centre) there is a shop that makes signs for shop fronts and whatnot. I bought all of my Plexiglas from them for £5 plus an equal amount of off-cuts to practice on. :clap:

For the life of me I can't remember the name of the shop and as I am in Oxford at the mo it is a little hard to check. The shop is slap bang next to the old Ford garage that is been renovated at the mo, opposite Scott Cycles and in between the Robin Hood and Three Horseshoes pubs.

The guys that run the store are nice and will help you choose material appropriate for your mod. They'll even cut it to a pattern if you can't be bothered to do it yourself (we all feel lazy sometimes, right?)

Cheers - Pete

9. pears0

pears0 What's a Dremel?

Hey tricky. Thanx for the info. If I get chance I will try there. Unfortunatly I'm living in Wolvo ATM (Wolverhampton) so I am no where near. I will b moving into a house in Edgebaston some time between the beginning of July end of September. So will see hw it all goes. In the mean time, any more suggestions.

10. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

KustomPCs sell some decent quality plexi but it might be too expensive for you.

11. pears0

pears0 What's a Dremel?

They seem to only sell windows Kits. I don't want this plastic only for a window. I have something else planned as well. So it's not what I am really looking for any ways, but thanx all the same.

12. pears0

pears0 What's a Dremel?

I think I remeber seeing some in B & Q, so I will go have a look, However, they were quite big pieces for "20 or so, so I'm not sure if its what I want. But if its too much size was, at least I'll have some spare incase I screw up!

13. Nath

14. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

yeah, iirc the sheets in b&q are 3mm/5mm/7mm thick, and about 4'x2'. the 3mm sheet costs something like £7 i think, which ain't half bad.

15. Nath

I might check this out actually...great value.

16. pears0

pears0 What's a Dremel?

I went into B & Q today. They sell 2mm x 1200mm x 600 mm for £10.15. This was the price at the Merry Hill shopping centre birmingham. BTW, never take your girlfriend in B & Q, you will spend more time trying to drag her out 'cos she wants too look at the kitchens and bathrooms for when you get your own house. Its dang annoying! LOL.