Modding MODDING to hit TV soon !

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Mod_Man_1, 27 Mar 2005.

1. Mod_Man_1

Mod_Man_1 What's a Dremel?

Yes, that is correct, you read that right, we are currently getting ready to head in to the studio to shoot the very first team based head-to-head MOD show. If you want all the details check out the official web site MOD The Machine - The TV Show

We ahve also opened a Cafe Press Shop with clothing and other goodies to help the show. MOD The Machine - The TV Show Shop

MOD Man 1

2. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

Unless I can find it somewhere in my 500 channels, its not a TV show ;p

So how will this be broadcast? Or will it just be avis for dl on the website :eyebrow:

3. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

Methinks their still shooting it ;)

4. dastt

dastt What's a Dremel?

Is this a good thing? or a bad thing? i have a feeling if this gets aired modding will take another step forward into the mainstream

5. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Something doesnt feel right about this. I dont know but i just have a gut feeling that this wont be good for modding. Idk just me $0.02...

6. Visionism

Visionism What's a Dremel?

Yes but think what "mainstream" car modding is all about. Ugly bolt on bodykits and stickers. The work of master custom car builders is a hell of a lot more distinctive. So will it be with case mods I imagine.

7. Mod_Man_1

We are still shooting. We are going in studio on April 22, 2005

MOD Man 1

8. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Every time anything goes mainstream its a bad thing for those who were there before it happened. That thing that makes it special will die, as every bloody person taps into it. All of a sudden the chav population will be saying stuff like "Yo man bought some mad window kit the other day innit, with some custom neonz man know what 'am sayin'!"
    This board which has become a second home for many of us to express ideas will be full of idiots who believed they were into this sort of thing before it went main. Is that what we really want? If it ever happens im gone! But hey thats an extreme look on it, but you never know...

9. Skutbag

Skutbag What's a Dremel?

Even if it gets aired about 4am on some unknown public access channel, I say fair play and if I manage to find it I will be watching. It was waiting to be made if you ask me.

As regards modding going 'too mainstream' I say you're simply scared of losing your precious 'niche' factor that everyone loves to cling to. You like rock? Well I like post-glitch-rock. Nothing wrong with it but dont use it as some sort of ego boost over people who dont know what you're talking about.

All I'm saying is everyone found out about modding in one way or another, and more people knowing about modding cant be a bad thing- even if they come up with some rubbish work.

EDIT: Thats why we've got handy little things like user ratings! And I bet no-one would mind at all if all the 'new' modders were hot 20 year old models.

Last edited: 27 Mar 2005
  10. Mod_Man_1

All of you afraid of "Mainstreaming" Mod building need to check your ego and perhaps you are afraid that some newbie will come along and be more creative and better than you. I do not look at it that way, I see the new people not as a threat to what I do and love, but a reason to push myself to be better to be more creative, rather than site back and be happy with where I am. Life is about moving forward and adapting and that is what this is all about...

MOD Man 1

11. Death Reaper

Death Reaper What's a Dremel?

I find this interesting...do you have plans on how and when and where it will be broadcast? I imagine you could get this fairly big...perhaps national television. Discovery might take you on :p

You should try contacting the Discovery channel...they might take it...who knows, you certainly high enough profile sponsors..

Regards,

12. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

I hope I get to see it, and goign mainstream ain't all that bad. I think over commercialization is what destroys things, look at modern rap

13. Isuo

Isuo What's a Dremel?

Yeah. It's the fact that big companies want alwaus to make more money. So they'll stuff modding shops with their products, that looka and feel all the same.
    Mainstream isn't so bad in general, think about the fact that more modding shops will hopefully open.

14. Mace

Mace Ohh, it stings.

Maybe people won't think we're weird ass geeks anymore when we say we're buying plexiglass for out computer :worried:

15. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

Totally agree Mace. Also, who knows, modding becoming mainstream could be the best thing it's ever seen. With more people doing it, we're bound to start seeing things that no one's even thought of. I kind of like that idea myself. I love seeing great new things that just rock. It just... rocks.

16. KidModder

KidModder What's a Dremel?

What channel is it going to beon. TechTv

17. moddenmania

moddenmania What's a Dremel?

MODDING ISN'T FOR TV WTH

18. Whisp[TR]

Whisp[TR] What's a Dremel?

What mod did Christopher Dols do?

19. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper Shh...

I thought that G4 ate tech tv a while back. Do they even call it G4 tech tv anymore?

20. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

WTH :: you BUY your plexiglass i thought that was what skip diving was for only three things i can see coming out of modding going mainstream

1. dremels become easier to find in shops but more expensive

2. people stop giving us all strange looks as we try to drag that old but
    perfectly usable weird shaped plastic container out of the skip as we just
    know that its going to be great for a mod sometime.

3. we will have more company in said skip :)