1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Resizing an XP partition

Discussion in 'Software' started by ChromeX, 31 Mar 2005.

1. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Hi guys at some point today im gonna format my computer, now theres alot of stuff i'd like to keep. My idea was to create a seperate partition and then i'd move my stuff over to it then format the main partition and do a re-install. All is well, but how do I create a partition in XP i've never done it before, and looking on the internet is very vague the best I could find was how big should a partition be. So im hoping you guys can do better :thumb:

2. horse

horse What's a Dremel?

To resize the main XP partition you need a third party tool like Partition Magic as Windows doesn’t let you do anything to the main installation drive. If you want a free method then you could look at Qtparted, it’s included in a lot of live linux CD’s and you can also get it on the System Rescue CD here
    The NTFS support is claimed as experimental but I’ve used it and didn’t lose any information (but obviously backing up another method if possible is advisable)

There may be others but those are the ones I’ve used

horse

Tags: