1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Need help with getting LCD working

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Holley, 7 Apr 2005.

1. Holley

Holley What's a Dremel?

The lcd in question is designed to work with car video setups, I tried using
    video out my raddy 9700 and even tried using the V\O on my laptop
    and i can't get this working, if i plug the lcd into V\O on my home dvd player it works fine, the lcd has two composite inputs.
    any suggestions?

[​IMG]

2. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

First off it looks like one of those rca jacks if for left chnnel audio. So with this said, make sure you have it pulged into the yellow one and then pulg it into you computer. If the drivers doent detect it, leave thge screen on and restart. If its like my nvidia card, you will see the post screen and windows loading screen on the display. Then when windows boots, go into display properties and go to either monitors or the card properties in the advanced menu. Look for something like "Enable TV-Out" or like "TV". I hope this helped you. Let me know if you still need help.

3. Godboy_g

Godboy_g What's a Dremel?

Also, make sure that you have the TV-out settings on your vid card set to output in the correct format. i.e NTSC, PAL... Etc.

4. Holley

Holley What's a Dremel?

The two plugs you see in the picture are both inputs, AV1 AV2 I can toogle
    these inputs from the remote that came with the lcd screen, I tried all the
    setting from the Catalyst control panel and even loaded Powerstrip and no
    dice, There's gotta be a way to get this working. I heard it's a pain in the
    a$$ to get them working on ATI cards, yet it works fine if i go from PC to
    TV, just for what ever reason it's got something to do with the fact it's a
    LCD Screen :sigh:
    Yes! it looks like i need more help for sure.

5. Holley

Holley What's a Dremel?

Yep! I did that too.

6. Godboy_g

Godboy_g What's a Dremel?

What resolution/refresh rate is your TV-out set to. It is possible that the LCD may not be able to display certain settings. Also, do you get any response on the LCD when you enable the TV-out?... i.e flicker, blue screen, garbage, etc..

7. user0001

user0001 What's a Dremel?

Did you plug in the cable and then turn your computer on? Rarely will a video card detech that you have finally attached something to your video out port when in windows. You have to make it detech it on startup.

8. Holley

Holley What's a Dremel?

Ok! got the LCD working on my 9700, Looks like crap :miffed: , I don't know if it will look any better on my 800XT? I think the TV out on these card are not all that great to begin with, would a seperate TV Tuner card like the ati theater310 be the way to go with this?

9. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

some gfx cards want a signal from the screen\lcd to enable the tv out :naughty: