1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Underglow case lighting (like on some modified sports cars)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Who_me_33, 20 Apr 2005.

1. Who_me_33

Who_me_33 What's a Dremel?

Has any one done this, and if so how did they achieve it, and how well did it work. There is the obvious way of just sticking how ever many ccfls you need to the underside of the case, but imho that would look ugly if someone looked. THe other way would be to put them in a peice of acrylic, the size of the base of the case, and have it light that up, and then they would be safe aswell. Would it damage the strength of the case, if you mounted them on the inside, cut holes to allow the light through, and then made sheilds, so that it didnt interfere with your case lighting. WOuld the light be too direct. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, as it is looking like a future mod on my case.

2. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

i just drilled holes and used led holders for mine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Who_me_33

Well I do have a source of realy cheap leds (my dad works for a company that imports keychain lights, so I can get them dirt cheap. So I will be doing it, next time im at home. Ill then post pictures. Did you do anything to the leds to get them that diffused.

4. CREDO

CREDO What's a Dremel?

I used hole saws to make my own led feet instead. similar kind of thing as above.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

On my old Xaser III, I stuck a green CCFL under the case. Looked pretty cool, lemme see if I can dig up a pic.

EDIT: Hah, found it:

[​IMG]
    The lighting was actually much more consistant than that, but flashes and CCFL's don't work well together.

6. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

what about like this?

[​IMG]

piece of plexi with tree high intensity LEDs at the rear

7. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

ya a thing of plexi would be tight

i didnt do anything to the leds, i think there just bouncing off the carpet? lol

8. Who_me_33

Will be trying the one with just leds for a start, because that should provide a relatively good light, with it not being too aparant where it is coming from. Plus it will cost me next to nothing. I will try to get photos aswell.

9. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

what color u doing?

10. Who_me_33

Either bright green or blue. If the green leds are neon ish green (similar colour to my bottom ccfl) it will be green. Otherwise I will put my green ccfl at the top, my blue ccfl at the bottom, and have it blue. Its dependant on the colours of the leds I can get. Hopefully I can get bright green.

11. AngelOfRage

AngelOfRage Minimodder

that case looks cool, is there any other pics of it?

12. coorz

coorz Miffed