1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think me vid card is mest up please help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by St3alth, 3 May 2005.

1. St3alth

St3alth What's a Dremel?

i got a 6800 ultra i was playing a mod for battlefield:vietnam called point of existence my screen frezees for like 7sec then all guys were wite when there supposed to be brownish then when i shot my rifle some wierd like rainbow squared boxes poped for each shot with my rifle and on the chopper i was flying the back spinner thingy was one of those squared multi color square is my video card messed up??please let me know

2. whypick1

whypick1 The über-Pick

You might be interested to know that people reading these forums do appreciate the use of things like punctuation and proper captilization. Things are much easier to read when you can tell where sentences begin and end without straining to do so.

I gather from your post that this has only happened once. However, it's a bit early to tell you what, if anything, is wrong. It could be Windows acting up on you, it could be that your card is overheating, or you have a bad video card. Can't come to a conclusion over just one event though (unless said event is the video card catching fire, then you can be damn sure what's wrong).

There are a few things you can do to narrow it down. Try different games, different drivers, and open up your case's side panel to bring more air to the graphics card, maybe even point a fan at it. Don't do all three at once though; have one variable at a time.

3. St3alth

St3alth What's a Dremel?

It works fine now with no problems so its normal for this to happen as a one time thing.

4. whypick1

whypick1 The über-Pick

Well, I wouldn't say "normal", but I wouldn't say "something to worry about" quite yet either. It could be a very intermittent issue, so keep your eyes peeled for the next couple of days.