1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling oH nOeS mY wAtEr

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bee2643, 4 May 2005.

1. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

im using a thermaltake aquarius2 system to watercool my shuttle with tygon tubing, and i notice that even though i use silicone around the studs (a small ammount) and then use hose clamps, that came with the system no less, and i notice that the water level in the reservoir drops from max to bare-minimum to the point where its sucking in air bubbles in a matter of 3 weeks.
    now i live in vancouver, the highest its been in those 3 weeks was 24C, steady for about 8 days, and then stayed around 16-19C, and yes, it is hot in the room.

how is the water evaporating? and how do i stop it from doing so?
    i fear that come full-out summer when its 34C-40C it will be so hot that ill be filling the system every week, and its a closed loop so its a PIA

2. Marvt74

Marvt74 What's a Dremel?

Water can evaporate through the silicone tubing. Though that is quite a worryingly fast rate.

Is the resevoir properly sealed? And where is it in the systems?

3. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

reservoir is /completely/ sealed
    like i said, the whole system has been sealed, and its pretty amazing that that much water can evaporate through tygon lines...i feel them and they are not wet at all from condensation; however, there is condensation on the inside of the reservoir

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Water does not evaporate through Tygon. Even PF-5080 doesn't, and if anything would, that would...

I would think you have a slow leak somewhere. Not enough to drip, but enough to create beading that then evaporates.

5. Clarkey

Clarkey What's a Dremel?

agreed theres no way you're evaporating that much water in 3 weeks, its leaking somewhere, tighten all your clips up

6. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

the clips dont get tighter, its the kind you have to pinch to open up
    and i put silicone around all possible seams even.

7. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Dunno but an old filled AqII set I have somewhere evaportaed water out moderately fast as well. not THAT fast, but enough that it's not normal.

Tags: