1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics 6800GT Temps + MBM + speedfan + M/O + LCDC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mingingbollock, 8 May 2005.

1. mingingbollock

mingingbollock Minimodder

Does anyone know if its possible to get Motherboard monitor to display temps for my new GT?
    :D thankyou :D

Last edited: 13 May 2005
  2. mime genocide

mime genocide What's a Dremel?

with ati tool you could get ati cards to do it, if that helps you.

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

not a fat lot when you consider that he's got a GeForce 6800 GT...

4. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

5. mingingbollock

:D Yeah that helps lol , NOT :duh:
    So is there no-one out there doing any work on MBM now , had a search around didn't turn anything up :waah:
    Had a quick play with speedfan, picks up the temps for my GT, but its a bit flakey-doesn't pick them up all every time and it dont work with my favourite LCD app, Lcd-Info :waah: .
    Programmers needed lol , guess it time to beg Henry to do another plugin :D

6. Vonpo

Vonpo What's a Dremel?

Is the card a XFX or ? If its a Gainward then there is a overclocking program that comes with the card that has a temp montoring plugin. Try Riva tuner

7. mingingbollock

Its a MSI card , and i have riva tuner , great proggy but i want to kick the temps out onto my lcd ,through LcdInfo.
    [​IMG]
    and MBM all ready does this :D I guess i Need a riva tuner plugin for Lcdinfo , dont suppose you could program one could you :D

8. webchimp

webchimp What's a Dremel?

Try NVTweak: http://nvtweak.laptopvideo2go.com/

I have an XFX 6600GT, I think this shows the temperature by default when the drivers are installed, can't remember now. In any case, NVTweak adds a whole bunch of extra stuff, give it a go.

9. Vonpo

Vonpo What's a Dremel?

well my programing skillz are kinda rusty, but I know there is a temp program for GPU's just can't remember its name :duh: I'll get back to you on it, do you have a converter program that allows you to show progs from windows on the lcd?

10. mingingbollock

Well after doing a little digging it appears that a MBM hack should be possible , quote- Unwinder

"The same applies to this feature. SDK/RTHMSharedMemorySample was added to RT about a half year ago too. _Special_ due to certain LCD manufacturers requests, to allow them to create their own software displaying RT's monitoring statistics on LCD.
    Any man able to program can use this SDK/sample and can easily create MBM plugin."

The Sdk is located in the installation folder of rivatuner , so all you clever programming types can take a crack at it..PLEASE , i think i have Henry over at LcdInfo interested , but the more people looking at this the better, yes .I just wish i could help , but no programming skills here :duh:

Spent last few days playing with speedfan and LCDC , anyone else having issues with speedfan crapping out after a little while when trying to read the nvidia temps ?

Last edited: 13 May 2005
Tags: