1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Crazy pump [&neater loop]

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by M_D_K, 10 May 2005.

1. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Me and sc4mpi re did my watercooling loops today and made a crazy pump :) well said made stuck together hehe :).

pump
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

loop
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

what you think

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

My god you're going to kill the D4 on the left. Very small bore tubing with a right angle on the inlet?!

How'd you do that anyways? Just kind of force in a G1/4 compression fitting and have it more or less tap it's own thread?

Very different anyways, to say the least.

3. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

there both running at 7v. and the d4 kicks so much water out (which sucks the same volume in , that 90" dosnt do sqwat. to the flow.

its been running like that for over a year with out a single problem.

Cut the existing barbs off. enlarge the hole to 1/4" then tap it with a tap and dye set.

Last edited: 10 May 2005
  4. BAcon

BAcon What's a Dremel?

you dont know how much your hindering and stressing the pump like that having to pull through RC car size tubing at a elbow! especially at 7v as well

you may think otherwise but if you want proof, stick those pics on XS or procooling and be told by the pro's of WC that you havent done a good pump any justice

the loop on the ther hand with the 1/2" ID ( i assume) tubing looks great

5. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

it has been running fine for over a year. the tubing aint that small its 8mm indameter thats not that small. and the pump dosent get hot nor has it ever failed. and it was converted to run 10mm. and its at 7v for silence.i no the pump is underperforming. for what it is , but its what we had a the time and it works just fine. its also more powerfull than any 10mm pump on the marked it kicks out some serious power on 12v

6. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

[​IMG]
    have your moddet your radiator or what and how have you modified your pump

Last edited: 10 May 2005
  7. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

havn't really modified the radaiters atall except too make the mounting holes bigger too fit the case, this poticulare case fits 2 80s at the back nicely with a bit of case chopping and already had a 120mm hole at the front stock so i removed grill and fitted the rad.

as explained above by my associate the 8mm D4 was opend and re-tapped then we hadded some accustic Dynomat too the middle with stuck them together sleeved both wires and soldered together then fitted too a molex in 7v so they are both pretty quet now.

morgan.

8. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

lo morgan

Nice setup, not as good as mine, but i will give you 9/10 ;)

Nice rigging mate, done a good job. I cant believe that gfx card/cpu/chipset still works after all these years.

9. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

i have mate
    http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=140214#post140214
    Point still stand pump rocks eve with a 90 bend in it lol

10. BAcon

BAcon What's a Dremel?

is that right?

maybe you should look up on people before you say stuff like that, i run a very good water setup and i avoided all things that would hinder the performance of the setup, go search it if you want

i didnt say it would kill your pump someone else did, i said you arent doing the pump any justice running it like that, i.e not letting it perform as it should, with a elbow on the inlet

surely that means something? otherwise you wouldnt have asked for comments?

if you dont want criticism or my opinions on how to make it perform better then fair enough i wont post again on your thread

11. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

lol Bacon i did realise that it was hindering performance when i made it but. the fact was we need a 90' on there to make it fit. if not it would have been a straight. but its running at 7v so its not getting its full performance anyhow. When we redid the 1/2" loop we did it so there was no kinks or nasty 90"s but the 10mm dosent realy matter as 90"s dont realy affect 10mm systems. that comment was a bit harsh though morgan :)

12. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Comment edited
    Appologies Mr bacon

Morgan.

Tags: