1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding your thoughts on my case idea *56k Warning!*

Discussion in 'Modding' started by jerb111, 11 May 2005.

1. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

I think you should sepeate the mobo and cd drives bit totally. So they are 2 diffrent sections.

Poor paint view;
    [​IMG]

So the airflow is good in the case, thats what i'd do anyways :)

2. jerb111

jerb111 What's a Dremel?

that idea would work but ive tried real hard so far to keep fans off the fron of the case.

as it stands right now i have a 120mm fan blowing in acrost the mobo and the HD's. i have another 120mm fan mounted on the top and directly over the CPU heatsink (maby ducted) lastly i have the 120 mm fan in the PSU blowing out. do you think i could make a series of slits on the back of the case (above the I/O section) to reduce pressure? :confused:

other than that keep the suggestions flowing in :hip:

3. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

I like the look, its elegant with the little dash of tech. Its something you could easily put on a woodgrain desk in say.. a doctors office or something. Very nice.

4. jerb111

jerb111 What's a Dremel?

Well i just got a job and summers comng up so ill keep you all posted!

wish me luck :hip: :dremel:

5. kayone

kayone Minimodder

Hope it goes well mate, i can see you've put a ot of time n' effort into the design.

6. CyberSol

CyberSol 1337 Pants

Are you going to be running the fans at full speed? If you want the machine to be as quiet as possible I would try and get rid of as many fans as possible. Are there any other fans on the motherboard or video card? I am guessing from the pictures that you are using an flower cpu heat sink, those things are great, but if you want somthing even quieter try an xp-120 heat sink and a low speed 120mm fan.

If you design it right you could probbly get away with 1 120mm intake and the psu as the outtake. Then the cpu fan would cool all the nearby components.

my 2 cents.

Personally I have an amd 64 2800 that runs at 35c idle and 45c load i have 1 80mm fan in and an xp 120 heat sink, then i have an antec neopower as the out. I have an ati x800 xl and everything stays quite cool and quiet.

7. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

FYI, my case under construction has exactly 12" interior dimensions (square) and it fits my full ATX board. No room for error, but just so that you know it doesn't really require that extra 1/2". As long as your INSIDE dimensions are 12". ;)

(they really don't lie about those things, honest)

8. jerb111

jerb111 What's a Dremel?

as far as fans go i just put the vantec Heatsink on there to see what kind of clearence i still had in reality i use a crapy heatsink with a loud 80mm fan.

unfortuantly im still running an Athlon xp system and i havenet seen any of the thermaltake heatsinks for them.

all fans will be undervolted to 7 volts and temp controlled using transistors(off, 5V, 12V) and a thermister. they will only be on when its needed.

I need at least one fan to keep my hard drives cool and i also would like to have one deticated to my heatsink (CPU) the powersupply fan will cool optical drives and bottom section. if you find a thermaltake xp heatsink for my proccessor (socket A) id love a link.

also about the size changes, im open to any suggestions regarding size change though id like to keep some space for error (and wire routing). Id like to give my self some space becasue i havent done alot with wood yet, being 15 i havent had much expirience ( some speaker boxes, a table,a chair, a chest, and some other little things) i have done plenty of metal work though (iI can mig, im working on Tig, i also have acess to a spot weilder and have done plenty on metal lathes)

other than that i love commiing here everyday and reading suggestions so keep them comming, im hoping to do the base (and maby frame) this weekend :dremel:

9. jerb111

jerb111 What's a Dremel?

The thermal take xp-120 has been brought up several times and now that i have been looking i have found a simmilar heatsink to fit the socket A. xoxide carries the xp-90 whick looks like a scaled sown version of the xp-120 thats made of aluminium rather than copper (makes it lighter i guess).

has anyone had any expirience with this cooler? :confused:

10. clocker

clocker Shovel Ready

The XP-90 is not meant for sockA either.
    The SI-97C is what you are looking for.

The TRs are fine sinks, but require a fairly high pressure/CFM fan to really shine so noise may be a factor.