1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Revolution Pictures! (and possible specs)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Bruno_me, 18 May 2005.

1. Bruno_me

Bruno_me Fake-ad‎min

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I for one, cannot wait

Last edited: 18 May 2005
  2. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

will the retail versions include the disk tractor beam?

3. Bruno_me

Bruno_me Fake-ad‎min

apparently, but since nintendo it keeping most stuff under wraps, we won't know until later

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

roffles!! XD

It looks nice, but like someone said in the news thread - how is it gonna play mini GC disks with a slot loader?? Regardless, i really really want one. Infact i think id probably get one before the X360 just because i wanna play old games through download on it :D

5. Sea Shadow

Sea Shadow aka "Panda"

The Pioneer 120s played the smaller sized discs just fine, and off the top of my head I can think of a way to load the discs w/out any problems.

6. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Bindi I'm assuming "legitimately" is implied there, because I have about 1400 ROMs for NES and SNES burnt onto a couple of CDs. Of course I only wanted a couple of them but it was one big pack, and I don't think I've really used any of them.

7. Sea Shadow

Sea Shadow aka "Panda"

Yeah it was one of the features the big N was talking about on their site.

8. Bruno_me

Bruno_me Fake-ad‎min

these just in

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Through the "download service" Nintendo intend on providing.

I gotta say - time to buy IBM shares people! All 3 consoles are being powered by IBM engines = uber cash.

I gotta admit it DOES look powerful - PPU and offboard audio processor (latter like the GC), and 2 R520 cores isnt something to be sniffed at. Dunno how 4 cores make it easier to code for though :|

I wanna black one and i want it to be shiney like on the pics.

10. Shepps

Shepps Slacking off since 1986..

anyone know if Zelda : twilight princess is going to be for the cube or revolution?

11. K

K 528491

Perhaps both? Definitely Cube though.

12. DaSuperFly

DaSuperFly What's a Dremel?

This is what the gamecube should have looked like!
    Although it won't be so pretty once controllers are plugged in...

13. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Wireless ?

14. K

K 528491

Like yodasarmpit says, the controllers will be wireless. I'm sure this is if you want to use your GC controllers with it on a GC game. Would like to see the new controllers compatible with the GC games too please!

This downloading thing needs more specifics. If it's true you can download from Nintendo's extensive library and it's applied effectively, holymotherofgod it will be the best thing since the D-Pad. Old games should not go forgotten about, unlike books, music and movies etc. SONY and Nintendo should be applauded for their consistent backwards compatibility aims.

15. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Agree with K. Talking to my flatmate last night I was pretty sure that my next console purchase would be the PS3, but now looking at the Revolution I'm pretty tempted by that as well. Maybe have to do some uber saving for when they come out.

16. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

damn, what are those two wide slots for? it would be soooo sweet if it was compatible with the original SNES, N64 and NES controllers!!

17. Darv

Darv Bling!!

Sorry to say those are just GC memory card slots. And those specs posted have been around for a while, I'm not sure how reliable they are.

I think the most interesting thing is that it take GC controllers, it could be just to play Donkey Konga, GC-GBA connectivety etc

Or it could be that the new controller isn't compatible with old games because it's so different :eeek:

18. Annemarie

Annemarie What's a Dremel?

Wow i want one, have had all the consules since the snes but my boyfirned is a sony guy and he wants the PS3 as he doesn't like mario and Zelda prefers GT and GTA.

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

The clue is in the name: CUBE.

K - MS confirmed the X360 will be backward compatible through emulation.

The two wide slots are memory carts for the cube that you can use with it. As K said - old games should be done again, like they did recently with the gameboy and releasing Mario 3 (from the NES) for it but this time with the option to SAVE!

New Zelda will be out November according to places like play and some game news sites, so definately a GC title.
    Imagine a Zelda MMOPG, but on the revolution? A game of kings, anyone?

20. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

by the way this is offical..just been on newsround and the Nintendo chairman was holding something which looked very similiar to that indeed.

Ice

Tags: