1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got some insite into those "get paid to surf" sites?

Discussion in 'General' started by The_Gimpy, 29 May 2005.

1. The_Gimpy

The_Gimpy What's a Dremel?

Alright, I'm sure most of you have seen at least once those advertisements saying you can make money to surf the net. So my frineds and I got to thinking and were wondering if they really pay off. I'm not going to mention any names of these programs, but I'm wondering if its worth doing. We found one that pays up to 40 cents a day and up to 40 cents a day from every person you refer. So we figured if 5 of us refered each other, 4 of us would have 80 cents coming in a day and one 40 cents. Then we would split the money evenly between us and all be making some easy money. But do these sites really work? Is it worth looking into doing. We see potential to be making 30+ dollars a month. But I want the oppionions of someone else who may have heard more about these sites then I have.

2. dom_

dom_ --->

you cant have more than one account at a time, unless you want to surf the net on 5 pc's at the same time.

3. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Well

I haven't come in contact with them yet (tried). But as it seems to me, you probably will get your money.. but it will take some time. And It will cost alof of time surfing etc... and if you would make 30$ monthly.. thats 6$ for each of you. Is it really worth the hassle?

You will probably get one of those ad/banners in your internet explorer screen, popups and whatnot.

I wouldnt go true all the bother for 5Euro a month.. (that is if I surf a few hours, each and every day) I guess if you have a huge monitor (so the ad banner dosnt bother you) and you surf ALOT.. then its probably worth it.

L

4. scotty6435

scotty6435 What's a Dremel?

Lots of people have tried these schemes and 'made' a lot of money. Actually getting it was another matter. The fact is that you could make a lot more money doing a 1 day a week paperound. If you've got some computer skills then start a little tech support thing for friends and family. I guarentee that people will s**t their pants with glee if you can sort out their computer for £20.

5. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

yep :D :hehe:

6. The_Gimpy

The_Gimpy What's a Dremel?

Well see, its more then 5$ a month, I was figuering 30$ a month each, at least. And our little scheme to make it worth it, was to just write a script to run some random searchs on their search engine your supposed to use, and have that run when we are sleeping. Supposedly you can make up to 40 searchs a day and earn 1 cent per search. So combined with everyone else, plus the money you make for the referals it works out to a decent amount of money for very little work. That is if we can get a script of some sort doing it for us. Plus if we get some other outside referals its even more money.

7. Der Me!$ter

Der Me!$ter What's a Dremel?

In case you are thinking about joining SurfJunky, don't. It's a scam. I had over $35 on my account for around 3 months now and haven't gotten a single cent. Never heard of anybody who got paid by this site either.

8. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

There are some that pay. (plz dont delete my refferal link) Studiotraffic has paid me several times. Im saving up my money and im making a good amount each month.

Last edited by a moderator: 1 Jun 2005
  9. Lovah

Froggy : I don't think its suited to leave the refferral link... Its using the amount of members here for your own personal purpose. I think the rules state clearly that its not allowed to post referral links. But its not up to me.

Back on subject; I looked at this studiotraffic. And the thing that always annoys me, is that they work soooo complicated. You can "upgrade" your account, etc etc... All crap that they build around it, It has no use at all, except making them richer offcours.

I still don't believe this will pay off well enough in the long term. But the only way to know is to try it, offcourse.

And I think these people make there system is pretty tight, so that its not that simple to cheat on it with some script.

Plus in there FAQ they spoke of a "glitch" in there program that cost a dude 10-days of surging. They sed that you shouldn't panic when this happens and just give us time to fix the programming glitch. It seems weird that they haven't made a full-proof system by now...

In a nutshell, it all seems a bit fishy to me.
    I think its alot easier to just go work somewhere. I get about 10$ an hour for gardening with neighbours.. so in 3 hours I've mad the 30$ that is being talked about. Without spending hours on a script, leaving my computer up all night, etc. etc...

Oh well

L

10. craigey1

craigey1 Minimodder

Could always take the "?refid=52230" out of the link & then no-one could really complain aboutposting a referal link.

11. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

isn't there more profit from:
    - begging for an hour? :hehe:
    -skanking money off people
    -picking up coins off the floor
    -walking places rather than going in car
    -buying and selling multipac crisps
    -stealing a plant from someones garden or around town and selling it.
    -the time you waste setting it up and claiming payment, you could be doing a paperround, or cutting grass...
    -rather than posting this thread, and readng replys, you could have done an extra hour at work.
    -you could save just as much money from not eating that extra fatty fat chocolate bar each week, and keeps you a little more health.
    -you could shop around for a better telephone/insurance/electricity provider e.c.t
    -when you go to the supermarket you could buy a special deal.
    -when you go shopping you could buy a cheaper version of 1 item you buy.
    -you could turn off light's t.v e.c.t when your not watching it or in the room.
    -you could steal! peoples dust caps for a few minutes a week...

e.c.t you get the point :D i would be intrested too but theres no real money in it unless theres more than 1 person doing it and you surf loads of random stuff too... but the other implication is if you have a skanky capped isp you could be muching up all your bandwidth allowance... :jawdrop:

12. Lovah

LoL

Yeah
    Or just cancel your internet connection, will give you 40Euro a month!
    LoL

But yeah your right.. just go find a job.. alot less work, alot more money

L

13. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Studiotraffic still pays you if they have some kind of technical difficulty. Yes i have upgraded my account a few times and its payed off. Tormorow is payday and im getting $75.
    And BTW, i dont make any commishion with that referal link. I only make anything if someone signs up and then upgrades there account.

14. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

does it work in us and how exactly does it work?

e.g is it running in background while you browse or is there a plugin or do you just send them your history? :worried:

edit: i see basically you have to watch some crappy things in a browser?

for how long and what kind of stuff it is?

boring as hell or now boring?

Last edited: 31 May 2005
  15. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

1, It works world wide
    2, its a second browser window (compadible with most browsers)
    3. i think its a java applet but it makes a frame that has a counter on it, and after the 20 second count down, it loads a new page.
    4. it takes about a hour for it to browse enough so you get paid. I usualy set it it to go before i go to work and it will usually be done when i get home. Ill try and post some screenshots.

16. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    This is my main control panel. As you see, on today, May 31st, i have a account level of $250 and ive made $77.50 in earnings for this month. This will all change next month.

[​IMG]

Here is the thing while its autosurfing.

17. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

-rather than posting this thread, and readng replys, you could have done an extra hour at work.

BOOOOOOOOO! also- think of it this way.. its not a fortune your getting, but your actually getting paid for what your probaly doing right now, anyway ? who says you cant still have a paper round, and so on.. save up for that new ram or hdd maybe ? it all helps ?

How do you upgrade your account, do you have to pay with the money you`ve made ?

Last edited: 1 Jun 2005
  18. Rubes

Rubes What's a Dremel?

Seeing that it autosurfs, could you set it up on a second pc and just leave it on all the time? :p

If so i'll give it a try,...if it makes money and you don't have to actually watch the ads...

19. IcarusCollapse

IcarusCollapse What's a Dremel?

Hm, I'm working at IT at my school over the summer, and there's hardly anybody there using most of the computers so there are like 8 or 9 labs with 25 computers each that are entirely closed off, yet the computers are still on in there 24/7... Hmm... 200 computers running 24 hours a day... :D :D :D

Would this work, Froggy? I'm aware I'd have to take the time to create 200 accounts, etc, but in theory, would it work?

20. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

1, your only allowed to have 1 account unless you have a $15,000 level, then you can have more.
    2. There is a limit on how much you can surf a day. This is to reduce strain on there servers. You only need to surf 100 sites (200 if its a free account) per day to get paid for the day. So having multiple computers is kinda stupid. Yea i do my surfing froma secondary computer that way i can watch movies and stuff and not even see the ads (its cheating i know).
    3. You can upgrade your account many ways, either use your earning, paypal, cash, credit cards and a few other ways. BTW my account level is up to $330 now because i took my earnings from may and put them to my level. i make $3.3 a day now to sit on my ass :p
    There are people that have been doing the program for 2 years and they make several thousand a month. If you dont belive me you can check out the studio traffic fourms. There is a link to it on the studio traffic main page. any more questions just post and i will answer them as soon as possible.