1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Mah New Carro(56k = n0)

Discussion in 'General' started by deadly-app, 31 May 2005.

1. deadly-app

deadly-app What's a Dremel?

After quite a bit of looking and heartache from other cars, I have finally found my car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BTW I honestly dont care if you can see my license plate, wooptey doo.

2. mUrml

mUrml What's a Dremel?

OMG
    I CAN SEE YOUR LICENSE PLATE !!!

Heheeh, cool car dude. Good luck with it.

3. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Wow nice, somewhat reminds me of the Mitsubishi Eclipse.
    What lumps in it?

4. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

That's slick, I like it. My kind of car :D

5. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

thats a dodge stealth.

It probly has the naturaly aspirated v6 3.0 pushing around 200hp or the turbo v6 3.0 pushing somewere around 260 or 300 I forget.

The lump was a coaperation of chrysler and mitsubishi. this car is also known as a mitsubishi 3000gt

It is a good car but depending on who had it it can be a horendus car.

The v6 in there is also shared with allot of dodges and mitsubishis.

But I would prefer the 2.4L dohc inline 4 for that car designed by dodge pushing somewere around 300hp turbocharged and is somewhat more reliable but I am unsure if they ofered it on that model. Some dodge shadows had the 2.4 with turbo pushing 280hp.

correct me if im wrong, I am a bit rusty on dodges oferings from the 90's

6. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

As you've said yourself you won't get anywhere near as much torque from an inline 4. I had no idea that Dodge had any input into the design of that car.

You're lucky - I've always wanted a 3000GT. Don't know if it's true but apparently you can easily get 700+ hp from the 3.0tt version of that engine (with the right tuning?)

7. mUrml

mUrml What's a Dremel?

Here goes again :)...

You can get 700hp from any car engine... Only depends on how much you are willing to ruin the engine and how much you are willing to pay.

8. .308AR

.308AR What's a Dremel?

Try 224HP from the 2.4L DOHC Shadow, Spirit, Daytona, Omni, or Stratus (Mexico Only..grrgrrgrr). 280 or 300 isn't hard to come by, though.

9. tsa cain

tsa cain What's a Dremel?

i got a friend who has a stealth it looks nice but is slow...

10. deadly-app

this is the twin turbo, 300hp stock from the factory with 9b turbos(tiny and slowwww)

by taking a little thing off the solenoid actuator or w/e I can up it to 320. About a 5 minute mod, I just havent done it yet because I dont have a boost gauge(which I want before I start tweaking with the turbos :D)

700 hp out of this car would cost a bit of bank. 17G turbos probably, New front mounted intercooler, full exhaust from the turbosflywheel, probably would need forged pistons, rods, and cranks. All in all it would probably cost 15 thousand or so + tuning and everything.

On the 3si.org forums there are quite a few modified dodge stealth/mitsu 3kgt's that are pushing quite high hp. I can't remember the lowest 1/4 on there, but it's fskin hard with the weight we have and the large 220 hp dohc engine we start with.

This car has a HUGE amount of mid and high end torque. On the low end(under 2000-2500 rpm) it feels sluggish, but once the turbos spool it shoots.

The car I believe is pretty much fully mitsu. I'm not sure about the frame and body, but I know that everything else is mitsubishi and imported by dodge.

Mitsu windows, everything is branded with that damn mitsu symbol ;) thank goodness otherwise this car would probably be dead! :O jk.

This car is known to be fairly reliable, but the turbos are not all that special and are known to shoot bearings after a while, so I plan on ditching those asap so I don't have to worry about rebuilding the engine from the bottom up :(

11. jaguarking11

Well if you used the lump from the town and country model (same spec v6 and almost exact everything) it can give you loads of low down tourque but only about 160-170hp naturaly aspirated.

And for a reliable 700hp I think way more than 15grand is a must. More like 30grand + for a streetable 700hp car.

But I think the lower end inline 4 is a mutch better motor all around. It has decent low end tourque and brethes better than the v6. And if you get the rite one you get forged pistons and high end sleves and rings alredy in it so its just a matter of uping your turbo presure and retarding timings to avoid detonation.

12. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

If you can get 700bhp from a 1.4 commonrail diesel, you deserve a nobel prize.

Stop lying...

13. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

I wouldnt call a "1.4 commonrail diesel" much of an engine though ;)

14. deadly-app

Jaguar, I didn't say that would be a reliable 700hp car ;)

The trannys on these cars are fairly bulletproof, but the TC likes cracking at strong launches and downshifts.
    New turbos would probably put you in the 400 range, forged pistons and rods, maybe 450? I'm not sure the hp these things add :|

15. jaguarking11

forged pistons are not going to add hp, they are going to allow you to run higher boost presures to make more hp.

As far as runing 700hp out of a 1.4L comon rail diesel it depends on how mutch money you want to spend. You could have the block resleved with extremly high strength ceramic material and have cylinders forged of the smae stuff along with the rings, then you could weld the head on the motor eliminating gaskets completly with forged valves and again ceramic heads and valves along with some high strength steel springs. Replace the original pipe with a titanium pipe capable of withstanding more presure. Take the diesel pump out of a truck along with a 150psi custom made turbo and also repalce the piston arms and crank, retard the timings on the cam or cams depending on the model and run the motor with no rev limiter.

It may explode after a fiew minutes of use but I am almost shure it would meet and probly duble the 700hp mark.

If you dump enough cash into something it can become what you want it to become.

And again mutch like with engine rebuilds most of the original motor has been scraped

16. deadly-app

Oops, Didnt mean forged, I meant bored over with larger sized pistons.

17. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

ok, you could be silly, and pump a few hundred grand into a small diesel engine, to make it develop 700bhp for a few seconds and then explode, but obviously, the people here, are talking about engines which can quite easily develop that kind of power for a relatively low cost.....and carry on to run for a significant amount of time....

18. jaguarking11

In the US developing reliable and stretable hp and still be within a imaginable budget, you have to go large block. I mean large 502chevy big block with a wild cam will develop over 800hp and still be a stretable car somewhat. Yes it will sound like a realy large gurgle at the stop sign but it will roast pavement at the drop of a dime. Or even a small block 350 with a nice cam and some intake upgrades will develop around 500hp and 500lb of tourque with no forced induction. With forced induction it would run about 650hp at most with larger valves and stock pistons and sleves b4 it starts runnning into truble, once you add forged pistons and hardened alloy sleves and port out the exaust and intake you could probly get over 1200 stretable hp. Anything higher than 1200hp would not be stretable at all as the motor would simply be too mutch. in fact if you go to hot rod shows its not uncomon to see cars drive to the show and run a dyno and show over 1000hp. ANd I am only implying on what is practical in the US and frankly dont care how brits or europeans do it.

Tags: