Networks Cloning PCI Devices over a network

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by foenix, 13 Jun 2005.

1. foenix

foenix What's a Dremel?

Not to sure if this is the right place to post this, but it does hafta do with networking. I have a desktop computer which has a tv tuner. Now i was wondering if i could clone the device through the network so that i could use the tv tuner on my laptop. I have tryed sharing the program and executing it from the laptop, but it was unable to find the tuner. Now i belive if i could make my computer reconize a "clone" device that links to the desktop, i could get it to work. Anyone have any ideas? Has anything ever been done before? Just an experiment i wanted to try. I know ATI's card allows you to stream if you have a ati based card, but using this centrino laptop with intagrated, i do not :wallbash:

Thanks Again

2. Bruno_me

Bruno_me Fake-ad‎min

you could use plan 9 :p

but seriously, not easily, in windows at least

the best way it to use something like vlc to stream over a network, it will basically stream anything

3. foenix

foenix What's a Dremel?

looks promising! thanks :rock: :hip:

4. foenix

foenix What's a Dremel?

ok tryed videolan, was working great but then i realized it doesn't stream capture cards in windows :wallbash: so back to the drawing board, but im sure this program will come in handy some day :D

5. foenix

foenix What's a Dremel?

:rock: :rock: :rock: I fixed it, a simple thing fixed it. I will write up a tutorial when i get a chance sometime, but the solution was using windows media encoder and streaming the video tuner over the network, as of now i can't change the channels remotely, but im working that out one step at a time

Last edited: 13 Jun 2005
  6. TheAnimus

TheAnimus Banned

check the happauge forums, there a goldmine of video resources, i don't know what bruno is like, but i found it easy to get a nova-T to stream over the network.

7. CaseyBlackburn

CaseyBlackburn Network Techie

Can you write up the tutorial for this cause I would really like to know.

8. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

Tags: