1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows BF2 demo possibly out 2mo..

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Springs, 9 Jun 2005.

1. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

i just find the control system really awkward and inexact, the graphics also are a bit crappy imho, especially the grass and stuff like that. The weapons also seem really poor and dont give you any feedback unlike say games like cs or cod...

and lots of gimps just sit by the aircraft waiting for them to spawn, and on the few servers ive been on there has been bugger all team play and it isnt the easiest game to capture a point on your own in...

2. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Thats why you dont play by yourself...
    Ive been playing the game with my gaming clan, on the Ts server we organise the squads and just work that way. The seperate squads stick together, capturing points one by one, calling for artillery / supplies from the commander, and if needs be air support.
    It works brilliant, the in-game VOIP is good, its clear just not terribly loud and usable, its a shame many people dont use it and dont work as a team.

The last few games i played were very intense, i loved it, 5 of us running around, move and cover technique, we called for our pilot to take out the armour around the base, we moved in, captured the flag, then artillery rained down, 'ARTILLERY TAKE COVER!!' some one cried out and we all ran around scrambling into buildings as teammates died, the artillery died out and we ran back out to revive members, it was just like being in a film....
    In fact i can remember being in a fire fight and some one shouting out 'i've seen this on BBC2!!!!"

3. fartonmyear

fartonmyear What's a Dremel?

i played bf2 for about 8 hours the other night. i love flying the blackhawk.

however, things that suck:

-sometimes i don't know who the enemy are unless i point at them for a while and their red names show

-you don't know where people are shooting you from (yeah realistic, but annoying)

-you don't know who's with you in a plane, heli, car

-medics don't come to you, lazy *******s

-helicopters should have little pip's so you know what the gunner is looking at

4. darkhunter

darkhunter What's a Dremel?

oooh gooodnessss
    got the demo a few hours after it came out on a torrent and it was all uphill from there, havent slept in 3 days on;y taking off the game to go to exams.
    I preordered the game back in jan thats how diehard I am lol

5. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

LOL

6. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

No - I got it in the end and it lasted all of 5 minutes. I played BF1942 a bit with some mates at a home LAN, and it just isn't my style of play. Plus, as with many games, if you aren't with the crowd at the start ie when the game first comes out, you get pwned into the ground on advanced tactics.

So the BF series, I get my gun and have a bit of a run around. Meanwhile, everyone else has jumped into vehicles and off they go. Clearly thousands of gamers can't be wrong, so it's obviously a good game if you get into it, but I'm afraid I'm too deeply rooted in the foot-based FPS genre, starting with Doom and running through all the Quakes to MOHAA and Far Cry, and ending up with Doom3 and HL2.

I'm allergic to CS, and stuff like Rainbox Six & Splinter Cell don't do anything for me either. So, I'm happy you guys are happy, but I won't be joining in the fun.

7. fartonmyear

fartonmyear What's a Dremel?

i supposed it truly shines when people work together in squads.

8. striker289

striker289 What's a Dremel?

IMHO Bf2 is going to be the best of ther series. it also runs on my system better then bfv. i can run almost everything on high :). the squads are a nice feature. it takes alot of the rambo wannabes out.

9. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

Bah 2400+ w/ 512mb ram and a 6600GT and the demo defaults to low graphics settings...and even then sometimes can lag..

The map in the demo is pretty crappy with more than 32 people (cant turn around without getting run over or shot pretty instantly) Ive never played desert combat but I may have to go aquire it soon depending on how bf2 turns out upon release.

10. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

I have to say the performance has certainly increased but that's probably because the graphics aint nothing ground breaking ...

I think the demo map was **** tbh, too simple and predictable choke points, the middle road at the railroad was one...

I can't wait to try other vehicles... the tank was pretty much the same however I like the new sitting positions for two passengers who can shoot on the back of the humvee.

The New rocket launchers are quite good but the machine guns unless prone and zoomed in are a bit useless lol

I have a feeling there will be alot of camper snipers in the game, easy to aim and shoot and have camoflage

11. DanMcr

DanMcr What's a Dremel?

Yup. Ive lost count of the number of times ive jumped into a chopper as the gunner, only to have the pilot fly out to the a/c carrier and jump out. Idiots.

Get in a good squad though, and the game is fantastic. Forget the vehicles.

12. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

Gotta have the heli's. Its all about having a good team of friends. Vehicles can be fun in groups but I dont like the land vehicles much except for the buggy.

13. darkhunter

darkhunter What's a Dremel?

the bdrm and blackhawk are great for squads.
    I usualy am pilot and fly for squad, land then blow it so it will respawn.
    one squad I was in was entirly sniper, that was some good flying

14. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

Downloaded it yesterday, not been much of a fan of the battle field series but I have to say I really liked this one. Took awhile to get used to controls but with in few hours I was leading squad to take over command points.

Graphically the game isn’t gobsmacking but the team play is excellent :thumb

15. Pballer98c

Pballer98c Minimodder

my first impressions are good; not great. Gameplay is sweet, graphics are decent. However, when crawling through tall grass it looses its shading (maybe this is a setting on my end?) and it looks pretty crappy. Physics are decent, however there arent items lying around that you can pickup and whatnot like it HL2. To me, it also seems like everything blows up the same way. No matter where a tank gets shot with a missle, it blows up exactly the same way. Game ran pretty smooth on my machine (xp-2500-m@1.9ghz, 1gb ddr400, wd 120gb 7200rpm hhd, g-force fx 5500 OC, xp pro v1.0), though in the options menu and configuring the game it seemed to lag.
    A lot of these problems with the game listed above could just be my config and system (I also only played the game for 2-3 hours). Can anyone confirm? Good game overall, was fun but I personally dont think ill purchase it.

16. Springs

Springs Boing boing

the laggy menus happens to every one... even the creaters admitted to it being there and supposingly are fixing it for the full version...

Tags: