1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Law regarding bonfires

Discussion in 'General' started by unrealhippie, 18 Jun 2005.

1. unrealhippie

unrealhippie What's a Dremel?

Grr,
    Neighbours coating area in thick smoke at 13:50 which makes a rather nasty lunch. I thought there was a law regarding fires are only legal after 19:30 but am unsure - can anyone confirm?

2. Shepps

Shepps Slacking off since 1986..

Google says there are no specific laws regarding bonfires.

"There are no bylaws regarding domestic bonfires and there are no specific times of day when bonfires are prohibited, but under the Environmental Protection Act 1990, if someone persistently causes a nuisance through lighting bonfires, the Council can take action to prevent further problems."

3. unrealhippie

unrealhippie What's a Dremel?

Now why couldnt I find that in google :(

I found the info here tho: link

Neways, thanks for the help :(

4. nick[x1]

nick[x1] What's a Dremel?

I was going to post something about this, but the guy down the road from me seems to have stopped burning crap

He usually would burn stuff midday and on hot days where you have to have the windows out, and usually we happen to have washing hanging out so it all has to be washed again!

The guy who is doing it as well is a ex madistrate or something :s

5. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

if it blows on to the road you can kick the arse :D obstruction and dangerous hazzard... can't see so people may crash :eek: reasons...

and it could be classified as disurbance complaint? afaik :thumb:

if you don't like them and you don't care what they think you could go spray your hose over it, moan at them face to face or moan to the council about them causing a disturbance... :baby:

6. scotty6435

scotty6435 What's a Dremel?

AFAIK they are not alowed to be within a certain distance of hibitated buildings (probably only a few metres).

7. Ben '71 1200

Ben '71 1200 What's a Dremel?

no laws that I'm aware of, but common courtesy around here to check neighbours don't have washing out and not before 7pm