1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

El Matador

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 28 Sep 2006.

1. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

2. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Meh, i rather wait for Alan Wade......

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

So not worth the socks your granny buys you.

4. TheSaladMan

TheSaladMan What's a Dremel?

Good review, but I don't like the complaints about them not explaining bullet time, it isn't explained in Max Payne and that's still an awesome game.

5. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

That game just got gored!

Runs away

6. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Great review Ryan :)

7. Kumo

Kumo What's a Dremel?

"...tasking you in the role of a rugged Spanish policeman..."

I'm pretty sure, that there aren't any rugged spanish policeman in Colombia, except maybe in holidays ;)

8. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

Imo that game sucks...I played it for about 15min and then uninstalled it!
    Keep your cash...cause this game is lousy. Most of it is a bad, very bad copy of Max Payne. An it's another one of these games that dosn't support widescreen :grr:

9. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

Thanks.

I thought there was an explanation about Max Payne in the original manual, I might be wrong on that one though.

Isn't a matador Spanish though? Oh well another confusing aspect.

10. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Thanks for the laughs: The front page blurb :hehe: , the bit about Steven Segal (he'd kick your butt for calling all his movies "B-rate" - but they all are :D ), and the final bit: "El Shatador" :hehe: :lol: :thumb: :clap: .

I don't care about this game since I can't play FPS (motion sickness) but No Widescreen!?!? :confused:

11. DaSuperFly

DaSuperFly What's a Dremel?

"An alcoholic running an operation against an international drug organisation? Fight fire with fire I suppose." Brilliant!

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

A Matador is Spanish: The Bull Ring.

Max Payne was explained in the manual, it's something along the lines of "when Max gets really into the moment it's as if time slows down.." or some crap like that.

13. Kumo

Kumo What's a Dremel?

Well "Matador" or "Torero" are both spanish words that mean Bull fighter.

But in the game's screenshots you can read Medellin, that is actually a city of Colombia, famous by it's drug's cartels (and not by the coffee sadly). So the rugged policeman must be a Colombian one, instead a Spanish one. In Colombia like most of southamerica's countries, speak Spanish.

I don't know if they make bull fights in Colombia, Mexico is the most important country with bull fights in southamerica (Spain, of course is the number one in the world, in bull fighting terms ;) ) And they like (and use often) the word Matador, because a "Matador" is the top level of the bull fighters (Only few can kill a Bull); and because "Matador" also means literally "Killer" (or a people who kills a lot) so a Matador could be an assassin (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365485/ like in the movie of Pierce Brosnan) for example.

There are two more tips. Victor "Corbet" isn't a Spanish surname at all. And if you have to kill "Enrique TORO"... "Toro" means "BULL" so the circle is closed.

Last edited: 28 Sep 2006
  14. TheSaladMan

TheSaladMan What's a Dremel?

Who reads the manual? :hehe:

15. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

That review is probably the harshest review I have ever read, but then again sounds like it deserved it. :thumb: nice quotes in there.

16. Zheele

Zheele What's a Dremel?

Sadly many new games lately have fallen short of what they might have become. Like Just Cause, The Guild 2, Darkstar One to mention a few. It seems the rush to publish games is making the developers cut corners. Just Cuase has car handling like Whacky Wheels and no physics engine to talk about, and for a game that revolves alot around driving from place to place in you vehicle that's just bad... :duh:

Then on the other hand there are games like Company of Heroes that's a pleasant surprise. I just wish more of the gaming industry would care to make games that are good all the way through and not just in one or two areas.

I like it when rewievers can see a game for what it is and tell others the same, most online reviews seem like the texts on the back of the game-boxes. Thanks for the heads up about this game. :thumb:

17. Kumo

Kumo What's a Dremel?

Heeee! I love whacky wheels game!! Was 4 floppys in zip mode :D :D

18. aairon

aairon What's a Dremel?

GREAT review

Not worth the price even if it were given away for free I would still feel ripped off!.

Last edited: 9 Oct 2006
  19. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

20. aairon

aairon What's a Dremel?

oop's sorry!

Won't let it happen again, I Edited it to meet requierments hope it's cool now.

Tags: Add Tags