1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to spend £125 at Christmas

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 13 Dec 2006.

1. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

its worth mentioning that CoH does come with DoW:GOTY edition so you are in effect getting 2 games.

3. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

You image is out of date and I think you should of used a different image than that of Dixons. Dixons no longer have retail outlets and are online only now. Maybe you should of used a currys or commet image. :)

4. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

And why £125? To me £125 is an aweful lot for Christmas. But then again my family has always had the policy that birthdays are far more important than Christmas (its your special day after all) and as such should get more money hurled at them.

We have (this is the second year now) decided to try a policy of "see what the best present you can got for £5 (+/- £1-2) is. It usually yeilds some interesting results :)

5. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

I had an image of PC world but didn't want to make people angry. Dixons was always the least offensive retail shop.

6. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

Aren't Dixons, Currys and PCWorld all the same shop?

Anyway, I'm not quite sure what this article is aiming for either. I certainly don't have £125 to spend on people for their presents (at least not £125 each), and I can't exactly ask my family to give me £125 worth of presents each. My mum might be able to afford around that amount so it's useful to me but I can't imagine many people asking for presents worth that much. And lastly, I'm definately not going to be spending that much on myself at this time of year. Christmas is for giving and receiving. Who buys presents for themselves?

7. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

They are all part of the Dixons group of companies. Dixons is now Currys Digital. Theres not a lot of difference between the shops though.

I think the article is more showing how cheap you can get items for.

I would like to see a January sale article as soon as new year is done to show where the pure bargaintastic stuff is!

This could even become a quarterly think (hint)

8. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

Driving Force Pro + a selection of racing games would be my £125 purchase. Way better than any other Logi wheel except the G25.

Doesnt matter anyway, as I've got a G25 - but i just thought i'd mention the DFP since it wasnt in the article..

9. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

I'd really, really like the get that G25, but I mainly play FPS game so I'd feel it'd be a bit wasted. :p

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Am I reading this wrong but you seem to be taking personal offense? :eyebrow: :confused: :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: 13 Dec 2006
  11. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

i can personally recommend the logitech momo which is a great wheel.. personally tho if i was spending that money now id get the thrustmaster just for the clutch pedal..

12. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

Hey I said it was useful to me as a Christmas gift idea article. I was just wondering who else would spend £125 on a Christmas gift, and in what circumstance?

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ok :) I dunno, it's just sorta the way I read it :blush:

14. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Oh, running Vista on 1GB is like running XP on 1GB, not 512MB.
    Granted, you do have to trim out all the **** (Windows Defender, I'm looking at you) but I'll be suprised if anyone here doesn't do that.
    My memory usage now is ~40%, so XP sorta usage.

15. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Ive spent £120 on my Wife. Its within the £125.00. I got her a white DS with New Mario.

Shes put £130 towards my 360 for me. So yeah the average is right with me. But I only spend £50 each of my family members. Only includes my 2 brothers, mum and dad, nana and grandad.

I wont be buying any PC upgrades for xmas presents or be getting any. If I asked my mum for a VGA card for xmas Id probably end up with a 8mb PCI card or something from the bargin bin at Maplin.

16. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

£125!

I have never got more than £60! and my family arn't even poor

17. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I'd thoroughly recommend not buying non-branded memory. It's terrible stuff. Sometimes only half the memory amount comes up, which is fun.

Here's a strange thing, although somewhat unrelated I thought I'd share this with you..

I wanted to buy a dishwasher and fridge freezer and, armed with my 10% discount and free delivery voucher codes via email, I went on Currys' website. After trawling through and reading up, I settled on a couple but they were home delivery only. So I thought I'd see about ordering them at the local shop. The chap there said he could order in the goods and yes, he'd do me free delivery but refused to budge on the 10% off..so I left it at that.

I then went on Dixons' website and got the two items far and away cheaper than if I'd bought them from Currys (about £130-odd!) and that includes the discounts I'd have got using the vouchers.

Then, when the goods turned up via home delivery, there wasn't a mention, logo or anything to do with Dixons on the accompanying paperwork at all!

So I don't shop at Currys anymore. One particular staff member is quite rude and their prices are shocking, imo.

18. d4v3

d4v3 What's a Dremel?

Bought Splinter Cell Double Agent for the 360 for £25 on play! and it was the limited edition tin edition, it'll run a lot better on my 360 than my current rig. (just checked and its gone up to £35, glad I bought when I did!)

£125 would soon get eaten up on a new build... so I put it towards getting some 360 games for when I get the console xmas day! (It going to be a long ol' wait...)

19. msm722

msm722 What's a Dremel?

I work for curry's so I know all about these different prices on our website. In most cases when a customer points out a cheaper price on our web store we are able to price match it without a problem. So it can be worth trying to get one from a retail store if you can get it for web prices. This also applies to pc world as they are all part of the dixions store group, hence the huge similarities of the web stores.

20. 13000

13000 Banned

I've spent over £1,100 since the beginning of December! (Though I have just moved into our new house)

Tags: Add Tags