1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AMD quietly intros 65nm X2 3600+

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 20 Jan 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Yay for low cost and low power but I expected that if things were going good with the new process they'd be introducing faster chips and dropping the slower ones - not introducing slower ones. However, the lower price gives me hope that the old AMD (which once upon a time lead in value even if it wasn't the fastest) might be making a comeback.

Last edited: 20 Jan 2007
  3. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

I don't like the fact that it's combo only, that will stop sales of it from going anywhere. It should probably be the best low cost dual-core option though, since Pentium Ds are weak. The new process was never going to be enough to compete with Intels Core architecture, but if AMD can keep making better value buys, they will sell more CPUs to OEMs and people who want a cheap dual-core system.

4. -EVRE-

-EVRE- What's a Dremel?

*sigh*
    I would do it if I had a matx option..

5. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Last edited: 20 Jan 2007
  6. bumfluff

bumfluff What's a Dremel?

Being an AMD Fanboy I really hope they bring something better out soon and just coming out with cheaper stuff that won't compete really won't help. Even though I hate Intel I may have to end up buying their stuff if AMD really don't go anywhere, I mean I hate Sony yet I imported a PSP before it came out. Please AMD I am counting on you...

I also much prefer nVidia, yet ATI are owned by AMD. I am straaaange.

7. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

I can see Dell etc jumping all over it, a presumably faster chip, which still has the "dual core" buzzphrase for the marketing campaigns but which costs them even less money ? right up there street imho :D

8. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Any chance of it coming out on 939?
    They are also selling them over here, and you don't have to get it with a bundle either.
    But the price difference between the 3600 X2 and the 3800 X2 are negligible, $20NZD or 8 quid.

9. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

think 939 and 754 are tring to be killed off as OEM makers can make Intel and AMD systems alot easyer if thay all use DDR2 instead as thay do noit need to order ddr 1 and 2 and that means less bulk orders that way

i happy AMD have made this chip as thay did not have an low end dual core cpu to compeat with the 805 or 9xx chips before (Price wise NOT performace wise, amd chips are faster then the 8xx and 9xx just the price was not there)

give me an option to make an dual core cpu now as i working up vista ready pcs (uk prices i think be 70- 80 ish)

Last edited: 21 Jan 2007
Tags: Add Tags