1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Interplay returns, many sequels planned

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 10 Apr 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

This... is.. the.. best news ever! Interplay were consistently good back in the day..

It's a shame they had to sell F3, but if it brings them back into the game then it was worth it in my opinion!

Maybe they could finish off Van Buren now too..

Welcome back Interplay! :)

3. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

MDK on a modern engine would be awesome!

4. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

More Descent would be good, too... :)

5. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Wow! Finnally good news!

Fallout and Descent? Niiice! I will surelly be one of the first to buy fallout MMO, and perhaps (just perhaps) leave Ultima Online.
    To me FO is the only game to get close to Ultima VII.

About Descent, I think it'll cover a really good niche that is currently is (sadly) inexistent... All that developers think now is FPS!

Hmmm after all, descent is a kinda shooter too...

6. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

Fallout 3 is in good hands. Bethesda really is the only other developer that could pull off a game like that. I think it will be great.

I cannot wait for another Earthworm Jim. I loved those games.

7. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

FREESPACE 3 :D:D:D

8. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

Fallout 3 could not have been put into woprse hands my friend. Bethesda have only made one type of RPG, the big open world that sacrifices dialog, choice over openendness. Fallout is the exact opposite of that. Remember the terrible dialog, lack of role playing choice in oblivion? Yeah, it is hioghly unlikely the same studio responsible for such dribble to make a totally different traditional deep RPG.

9. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

dont forget the horendous same difficulty no matter what level you are at

10. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

they aren't making it like oblivion. its a different game. They are trying to appease the hardcore fallout fans.

sweet

11. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

Descent/Freespace, MDK, EarthWormJim...

do any of those 3 succesfully n this company may as well be 2008 developer of the year :)

12. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

If there is one thing Oblivion was not, it's "dribble". Fallout 3 is not going to be their Elder Scrolls V. It is a different game. Everyone in that studio was a huge fan of Fallout, I trust they know how to keep it true to its original roots.

13. Lepermessiah

Trust you when the devs have said it is more like oblivion then fallout in recent interviews. And yes, oblivion was dribble for an RPG, I can list a full page of short comings it has as an RPG. It is Naive to think the studio that has only created open RPG's that sacrifice gameplay for big worlds is goona make a game like they never made before. The writers are not all of a suden gonna change into Troika. Them being fans is irrelevant, the devs themselves have stated it is changing more like Oblivion then the fallout games. It is also being designed for the console crowd, that alone spells doom. Bethesda long stopped listening to its fanbase. I suggest you go to the F3 forums, the game is not shaping up to be much of anything like a fallout game, ina recent inetrview, they even said it is more like Oblivion with guns, FPS view and all.

14. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

MDK?? Man, I loved that game back in the day. Wasn't that one of the first games to support MMX extensions, or am I making that up?

Wow... look forward to seeing the Fallout MMO.

15. Lepermessiah

No, they are not, where did you hear that? i suggest you read the recent interviews and go to the F3 forums, it is not looking good, but many knew this the moment a dev like bethesda got their hands on it. The only thing they are trying hard to replicate is the post apocalyptic graphics, any dev can do that, gameplay not so much.

Last edited: 10 Apr 2008
  16. adamc

adamc What's a Dremel?

Descent and Earthworm Jim were two of the first PC games I played... would love to see some more sequels!

17. Daniel114

Daniel114 What's a Dremel?

What? Wheres the Redneck Rampage sequel?

18. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

I would pre-order a copy of FreeSpace 3 right now... been waiting a decade for that game!

Thinking about it, if you took Interplay -developed/published games away, you would probably remove in one stroke 80% of the games over the years I consider my all-time favourites.. And if you included Black Isle, you'd have the lot ;)
    (excepting Deus Ex)

19. TurtlePerson2

TurtlePerson2 What's a Dremel?

A new Freespace game would be awesome, especially with the lack of good space shooters we have right now.

20. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

Like... none you mean? Does anyone know if there are any out now worth playing?

Tags: Add Tags