1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Age of Conan one of the fastest selling PC games of all time

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by CardJoe, 27 May 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Hg

Hg The game known as life

To be fair it is a very good game and the most fun online i have had since the orignal Guildwars

3. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Great to see PC games selling in those numbers.....but wait a minute, I thought the PC as a games platform was dying? Well if the PC's dead, there must be alot of zombies out there.;)

4. Panos

Panos Minimodder

Of course it's selling because it's a multiplayer game (with subscription). If it was single player, it could be 10-20% that number. The rest whould waited to download it.

I believe the rest of the industry should learn from this. Username & Password protected single player games (with 1 registration key creates 1 log in, used only 1 logged instance at any moment) should wipe the piracy out of the market. And yes. Internet should be in the requirements to play those games.

5. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

Great game, have managed to get to lvl 20 over the last 2 days, the story is a lot of fun and so far I haven't bumped into any WoW kids, thats the beauty of the 18+ rating :D

6. Toka

Toka Minimodder

AoC > EQ2

true story...

Well, more specifically it would be Funcom > SoE

7. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

EQ2 was crap.

Yeah, I've gotta say I'm loving AoC. People have been complaining it's not as 'free' as other MMOs, as the areas are quite linear and 'Guild Wars'-esque. Is this true? I haven't really got far enough to know yet.

8. OnyxLilninja

OnyxLilninja What's a Dremel?

yeah its a v good game, up to lvl 30 now.

The game doesn't seem as 'together' as other mmo worlds because of heavy use of instancing (in all world areas and cities, not just dungeons). This can make the world seem quite empty. There are also a fair few loading screens between zone transitions.

9. MrMonroe

MrMonroe What's a Dremel?

It's because it totally rules, is why. Whether it has staying power is determined by how good the PvP endgame is and how much extra content they can add and how fast.

10. Nictron

Nictron Minimodder

Installed it last night, the patch took quite a while, played it for 30min this morning and it looks promising, very violent though and you can't turn off the blood!