News BioShock PS3 to get exclusive DLC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 17 Jul 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

that's just not on. where's the PC DLCs? how much have Sony payed them?

us PC gamers have to sit though the dumbed down RPG elements, horrible DRM and buggy mouse control, and get nothing in return?

3. BlackMage23

BlackMage23 RPG Loving Freak

Hasn't everyone played this game by now

4. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

Except getting it a year before the PS3 players...

5. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

I played it on the PC... beautiful graphics, but shoddy mouse controls.

Great game.

I will be buying this for my PS3 though. Would love to replay it and maybe explore more of the stories in the Rapture world.... from the comfort of my lounge.

Lets hope the DLC is actually free and not 'paid for'.. otherwise I'll just be buying the game on its own.

6. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

So, essentially, they're trying to make a Bioshock equivalent of Portal available as DLC?

7. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

that's the first thing i though too, portal, just not really as good. plus it probably will cost more for this DLC than just getting portal off steam, such is the way of maintaining profit on consoles

8. ParaHelix.org

ParaHelix.org What's a Dremel?

Shameful thing doing this to good games, let's hope it dosn't get as bad a Microsoft.

9. ParaHelix.org

ParaHelix.org What's a Dremel?

Oh, I almost forgot, PC RULES Cheesecake! (supposing you can build a half decent one).

10. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Rather than the DLC it's getting, I'm more excited that they are adding Trophy support. As long developers continue to push Trophy support in future titles like this it will help legitamize the feature as standard like Xbox Live achievements which is good for PS3 owners (note I'm impartial to Achievements but Trophys will level the playing field of which version to get now between PS3/Xbox titles in the future). Some folks are also saying the game has Home support but I am skeptical honestly.

11. supaste

supaste What's a Dremel?

I just got my copy today for 360. Picked up the tin case special edition for just £15 and that on top of my free xbox 360 that I won from the kind people at Pepsi is equal to pure awesomeness.

12. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Shoddy Xbox controls as well.

I wish it was an adventure game, Myst style. I love the story, the graphics, and even the decor, but everything related to firing a weapon is complete torture. I consider myself fairly decent at console shooters, and I couldn't shoot one thing in Bioshock. There is something wrong here...

13. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK What's a Dremel?

I was so annoyed with the DRM when I came to trading this game-in, as was told it had to be sealed, so I returned it to the store of purchase got a sealed copy replacement and sold it for almost what I payed for it, if we all did this shops would have to return copies and maybe, just maybe they might make a better protection system?

Tags: Add Tags