1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bits On Our Desk - 11

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 20 Jul 2008.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

http://www.bit-tech.net/bits/2008/07/20/on-our-desk-11/1

What is on our desk? This time round we've got hold of a bunch of USB keys, a copy of Zombie Fluxx and a USB powered game of Whac-a-mole and some stylish hard drive enclosures. How do we rate this wondrous bounty? Find out within!

:worried:

2. bowman

bowman Minimodder

Those drive enclosures look awesome.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I love the "On Our Desk" stuff, it's awesome to see little bits of kit. :D

I want Zombie Fluxx now! I'm gonna have to pick that up for uni play this year. Loving the pictures of H getting flustered too! :p

As far as the flash drives go, and the argument of Voyager vs. Voyager GT, the GT is much faster when you have a bigger file. Try it with a 2GB .rar file and the difference becomes more apparent. :)

4. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

It's a shame they are pleather. Not that I'm a big fan of leather, but pretending to be leather puts me right off.

5. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

Shame there is not more pictures of them. Perhaps with something to give a sense of size?

6. NoahFuLing

NoahFuLing What's a Dremel?

Krikkit is right - I have had both drives (in the various capacities as time went on), and the GT is faster than the non-GT by a noticeable margin. If you don't believe me, there are plenty of tests out there to prove it.

Also, these drives are definitely waterproof. Again, outside reviews confirm this, but I can also attest to it. When I got one, I thought, "I'll try to take good care of it." A month later, I brought it into the shower by leaving it in the pocket of my bathing suit. It survived, with no ill effects.

I always enjoy these conglomeration-style reviews, small products don't need individual articles and it's fun reading about wildly different products at once (what the heck is that thing with the colored nubs?).

7. Kylevdm

Kylevdm The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

zombie flux is awesome!! :p Simple and easy to learn but still fun, especially when Jamie has to GROWL lol

8. klutch4891

klutch4891 What's a Dremel?

I like the look of those enclosures, especially the IBB-285, but I can't seem to find them for sale in the US. Does anyone know of sites that sell them?

9. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

I have to say that I can vouch for the Corsair Flash Voyager, mine died however after it's 6th trip through the washing machine and tumble dryer. Not many that would still be alive after 1 weekly wash cycle.

The mini voyager looks just the thing for the GF, many thanks Bit-tech.

These "Bit's" seem to have fallen by the wayside as of late, I always enjoy them since you manage to digg out some really interesting things. Keep up the great work!

p.s. any chance you could without breaking any NDA's tell me when you expect to have the P45 review (*cough* Abit IP45 Pro*Cough)

:D

10. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

OH GOD HE WAS SERIOUS ABOUT THE MUFFIN REFERENCES!

... I wish my desk accumulated little techie trinkets instead of stacks of papers and work!

11. konsta

konsta What's a Dremel?

It would be really good to get some idea of the dimensions of those enclosures when they are all sealed up...a comparison shot with a WD passport drive would have been really nice.

12. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Woohoo on our desk has returned!
    Fluxx is an awesome game, great to play with a load of other like-minded people (read geeks) and Zombie Fluxx just looks like cheesecake :)
    My el cheapo usb hard drive enclosure from eBay suits me fine - it even has a quick-swap mechanism due to me losing the screws for it and securing the lid with electrical tape.

13. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

OK, who else has just gone and bough Zombie Fluxx?

(from ebay though, as I wasn't paying the daft money for postage (£5) + small order charge (£4) of the listed supplier.)

14. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Nice to see On Our Desk making a return. Keep it coming if possible :D That Corsair Voyager Mini looks nice, might have to pick up one. Same goes for the HDD Enclosures.

15. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Being a fan of the original Fluxx, they couldn't have made Zombie Fluxx any better. It's just that much better than the original as it somehow manages to feel less like luck when you win. I mean, the one thing about the original was that it was too much luck based. Also having Zombies ain't so bad, you can still win with Zombie Baseball Team :p

16. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

So... Thats what they do at the BT office, looking like zombies and player card games all day instead of writing a review of the next gen mobo or cpu cooler. shame on you!

;)

17. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

I completely agree! I hope they make one with an eSATA connection at some point.. that would be terrific

18. OleJ

OleJ Me!

Long time no see for this great category. Keep it up guys :)

19. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Tough job Joe,right ? :D

20. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Fast Show reference, for the win!

Dissing ma USB Whac-A-Mole, fail! Last time I buy you novelty Tiwanese desk accessories. Now what to do with the USB powered tanning booth I just bought?

Tags: Add Tags